From: Pen on
BK wrote:
> "Pen" <nospam(a)nospam.net> wrote in message
>> BK wrote:
>>> "Pen" <nospam(a)nospam.net> wrote in message

>>> Hi
>>> Yes got right through to the point where I should have the Dell image
>>> restore icon but it isnt there just an icon for other that doesnt open
>>> BK
>>>

>> Then your only other option seems to be to use the windows install disk,
>> which
>> Dell provided you with. There also should vbe a drivers disk. It seems the
>> restore
>> partition is corrupt or not there.
> Cheers
> I know the recovery partition is on the D drive But as you say It may be a
> clean install
> Thanks again Bk

You could also read this about the restore partition. It might help you
boot to it.
http://www.goodells.net/dellrestore/index.htm
From: BK on

> BK wrote:
>> "Pen" <nospam(a)nospam.net> wrote in message

>>> Then your only other option seems to be to use the windows install disk,
>>> which
>>> Dell provided you with. There also should vbe a drivers disk. It seems
>>> the restore
>>> partition is corrupt or not there.
>> Cheers
>> I know the recovery partition is on the D drive But as you say It may be
>> a clean install
>> Thanks again Bk
>>
> You could also read this about the restore partition. It might help you
> boot to it.
> http://www.goodells.net/dellrestore/index.htm
Thanks Pen for your replies
BK

From: dg1261 on
"BK" <brian(a)kellyb.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in news:haf5pe$jtd$1
@news.eternal-september.org:

>> You could also read this about the restore partition. It
>> might help you boot to it.
>> http://www.goodells.net/dellrestore/index.htm
>
> Thanks Pen for your replies

No, my dellrestore webpages are relevant only to the DSR (Dell System
Restore) feature as used on XP systems. Vista systems use a
fundamentally different method that has nothing in common with the DSR
system. (http://www.goodells.net/dellrestore/vista.htm)

For Vista systems, see if this helps:

http://www.goodells.net/dellrestore/vistarecovery/

Please note I do not use Vista and do not provide email support for the
Vista Recovery system. Due to the volume of email my XP/DSR pages
generate, I put together the above page just to get Vista users pointed
in the right direction, but they have to take it from there by
themselves.

Dan Goodell

From: BK on

SNIP

> No, my dellrestore webpages are relevant only to the DSR (Dell System
> Restore) feature as used on XP systems. Vista systems use a
> fundamentally different method that has nothing in common with the DSR
> system. (http://www.goodells.net/dellrestore/vista.htm)
>
> For Vista systems, see if this helps:
>
> http://www.goodells.net/dellrestore/vistarecovery/
>
> Please note I do not use Vista and do not provide email support for the
> Vista Recovery system. Due to the volume of email my XP/DSR pages
> generate, I put together the above page just to get Vista users pointed
> in the right direction, but they have to take it from there by
> themselves.
>
> Dan Goodell
Thanks Dan That looks like the route I need
It is very well explained and I hopefully should be able to get the restore
working
Much appreciated
Brian