From: poutnik on
In article <i2mvie$u5o$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, lmc(a)winsim.com
says...

> >> I don't know why MS could not build a WOW16 emulator of their
> >> own for Win64.
> > I think NTVDM uses virtual 86 mode which isn't available under long mode.
>
> MS should have built their own DosBox then ...
>
> Lynn

AFAIK DosBox is an emulator, i.e. interprets machine languages .

Guest and host machine language can be different,
but it slows down execution many times.

WOWxx and Virtualization SW 9 VirtualPC, VMWare, VirtualBox
are on the other side a kind of SandBoxes.

Guest and Host machine language have to be same
( e.g. both for x86 CPU ),
but code fragments are run natively,
with overhead of supervising .

--
Do you know what is difference
between Windows versions and guided missiles ?
From: Carlos on
Shenan,
I'm quite aware of that.
My answer meant to be a complement rather than a replacement.
:)
Carlos