From: Lorne on
Is it possible to run 16 bit software on a 64 bit system?

I know it has WOW64 to run 32 bit software and I think 32 bit Windows had
another WOW shell to run 16 bit so I guess I am asking if the old WOW shell
can be run on a 64 bit machine or if there is any other workaround that does
not involve rewriting the software.

From: Jeff Gaines on
On 26/07/2010 in message <OGphHLOLLHA.148(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl> Lorne wrote:

>Is it possible to run 16 bit software on a 64 bit system?
>
>I know it has WOW64 to run 32 bit software and I think 32 bit Windows had
>another WOW shell to run 16 bit so I guess I am asking if the old WOW
>shell can be run on a 64 bit machine or if there is any other workaround
>that does not involve rewriting the software.

No. Even 32 bit s/w with a 16 bit installer.
It could be run in a 32 bit virtual machine.

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
This is as bad as it can get, but don't bet on it
From: Lynn McGuire on
> Is it possible to run 16 bit software on a 64 bit system?

Yes. Use DosBox ( http://www.dosbox.com/ ).

I don't know why MS could not build a WOW16 emulator of their
own for Win64.

Lynn
From: Bobby Johnson on
What software are you wanting to run? You can use a Virtual Machine to
build older systems in such as MS-DOS, Win 3, 3.1, 95, 98, 98SE, ME, NT,
2000, and XP.

From: Carlos on
And/Or using the free of charge XP mode in Win 7 Ultimate.
:)
Carlos