From: Pat G on
Whenever I open MS Word or Excel, I receive the following error message:

"run-time error '53': File not found: AprvMSOAddin.dll"

I tried running an office repair, uninstalling/re-installing, and searching
for the .dll online, but nothing seems to be working. I am using MS Office
Pro 2003.

Can anyone help?

From: Beth Melton on
A runtime error means there is an error in a third-party add-in and the
issue isn't in the Office installation. To find the source of the error (the
add-in trying to use AprvMSOAddin.dll) take a look at these articles. Once
you resolve the problem in Word the Excel solution will either be similar or
resolved.

The article you need depends on the type of add-in causing the issue. If the
error message provides additional information, such as "Visual Basic" or
"Visual C++" that can help narrow down which article you actually need.

"How to Troubleshoot a Visual Basic Compile or Runtime Error in Word"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555221

"How to Troubleshoot a Visual C++ Runtime Error in Word"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555220

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton