From: dsrking on
Hi Doron,

Finally, i tested my non pnp driver and i got some observations below,

1. When i gave Memory address in .inf file ( MemConfig ), the driver
memory address is hardcodded in my driver (amcc5933 sample),the driver
gets loaded and am able to read and write in the registers. So i can't
load the same driver (.sys) for 2 deivces (but memory address is
different).

2. So I loaded the driver for my 2 similar devices by loading 2
different .inf file. It is loaded and device manager shows 2 devices.
But the problem is, i can access the last loaded driver only through
my application. I am not able to access the first driver what i am

my procedure is correct or am doing something wrong?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
D.
From: dsrking on
Hi,

This thread is continuous of below thread,

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.development.device.drivers/browse_thread/thread/9ca100f606f19ba5

From: Don Burn on
You should never hardcode the address in the driver. On problem 1, I
suspect you are putting in the INF for more memory than the card has,
and hitting the next card's address space.

For problem 2, how are you naming your devices? There are two of them
and they need separate names, and separate symbolic links for each.

Don Burn (MVP, Windows DKD)
Windows Filesystem and Driver Consulting
Website: http://www.windrvr.com
Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/WinDrvr