From: Bill Garber on

<winston19842005(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message news:5c5fb52a-
6256-4ca8-b22d-a5c9dc26113d(a)d27g2000yqf.googlegroups.com...
On Mar 3, 1:00 am, "Bill Garber" <willy4...(a)garberstreet.com> wrote:
>> "RobertB" <rberna...(a)iglou.com> wrote in message news:243c94
>>
>> a3-3e49-4d09-a9f4-380079d16...(a)c37g2000prb.googlegroups.com...

>> > Don't worry about it, Bill. You can teach us
>> > a thing or two about the Apple II. :)
>>
>> Maybe even three or four, Robert. I've only been learning
>> the Apple II since 2002, but I have acquired quite a bit
>> of knowledge in that amount of time.
>>
>> My main heart-throb back in the day was Atari.
>
> You're kidding! Judging from your posts on comp.sys.apple2,
> I'd figured you for a long-time veteran...

Well, thank you sir, but alas, I pulled an Apple IIgs system,
and a Mac LC system out of a dumpster in 2002, and figuring
them to be worth some astronomical amount, brought them home.

During my search for information on their value, I got hooked
on their capabilities. Since then I must have spent, Oh Wow!,
I'd hate to speculate on how much on this very addictive hobby.

And, when I say addictive, I mean "ADDICTIVE".

Anyway, although the Apple II line has its differences, to
me, 'a computer, is a computer, is a computer is'. ;-)))

Books, Books, Books, Books, it takes many books. Reading,
and searching, and scanning, and flipping thru them daily,
you can learn very much in a short time.

So, there you have it. I hope that this explains how I know
so much. ;-)

Bill

From: Nick on
On Mar 1, 2:44 pm, RobertB <rberna...(a)iglou.com> wrote:
>      The new release 0.9.0 of the sd2iec has some bug
> fixes and some additional features like:
> - remote display support

Anyone got info on the remote display support, I cannot seem to find a
description in the readme?
From: Jim Brain on
On 3/4/2010 7:30 AM, Nick @ 64HDD wrote:
> On Mar 1, 2:44 pm, RobertB<rberna...(a)iglou.com> wrote:
>> The new release 0.9.0 of the sd2iec has some bug
>> fixes and some additional features like:
>> - remote display support
>
> Anyone got info on the remote display support, I cannot seem to find a
> description in the readme?

There's an lcd src dir, I think the information is buried inside at the
moment.

Jim

From: Nick on
On Mar 4, 11:18 pm, Jim Brain <br...(a)jbrain.com> wrote:
> > Anyone got info on the remote display support, I cannot seem to find a
> > description in the readme?
> There's an lcd src dir, I think the information is buried inside at the
> moment.

Thanks Jim, had a look at the code (would be easier if there was
documentation not code to plough through) and am a little confused
since the main routined calls "I2C" labelled display routines, yet the
LCD code seems to be configed to port A as a standard 4-bit parallel
LCD interface.

Can you dumb it down for me. Will connecting the 7 (or 8) wires from
port A to a 44780 compatible display make it work? or is there some
other I2C circuit required... Are all binaries enabled for LCD display
support? I don't want to co soldering up a display to find out its a
waste of time :)

Ta,
Nick
From: RobertB on
On Feb 28, 10:44 pm, I wrote:

> Download the new firmware at
>
> http://www.sd2iec.de/

Another update of sd2iec

2010-03-07 - release 0.9.1
- Bugfix: Filling unused REL records used wrong offsets
- Bugfix: Unbreak case-insensitive matching of FAT file names
- Bugfix: Fix raw directory mode for D64/D71/D81
- Bugfix: Tell the display about REL files too
- add preliminary support for the ATmega1284P

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug
The Other Group of Amigoids
http://www.calweb.com/~rabel1/
Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network
http://www.sccaners.org