From: RobertB on
The new release 0.9.0 of the sd2iec has some bug
fixes and some additional features like:

- New fastloader: ULoad Model 3
- New fastloader: G.I. Joe (said to be commonly ripped)
- New fastloader: Epyx FastLoad cartridge
- Support reading raw directory ($ with secondary > 0)
- "display disk images as directories"-mode
- DNP support
- remote display support

Download the new firmware at

http://www.sd2iec.de/

To purchase the SD2IEC card drive for the Commodore, go to

http://www.nkcelectronics.com

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug
The Other Group of Amigoids
http://www.calweb.com/~rabel1/
Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network
http://www.sccaners.org
From: Jim Brain on
On 3/1/2010 12:44 AM, RobertB wrote:
> The new release 0.9.0 of the sd2iec has some bug
> fixes and some additional features like:
>
> - New fastloader: ULoad Model 3
> - New fastloader: G.I. Joe (said to be commonly ripped)
> - New fastloader: Epyx FastLoad cartridge
> - Support reading raw directory ($ with secondary> 0)
> - "display disk images as directories"-mode
> - DNP support
> - remote display support
>
> Download the new firmware at
>
> http://www.sd2iec.de/
>
> To purchase the SD2IEC card drive for the Commodore, go to
>
> http://www.nkcelectronics.com

uIEC (www.jbrain.com :-) also utilizes the sd2iec firmware, so new and
existing owners can take advantage of the improvements as well.
Existing systems will automatically upgrade, while new units will be
preloaded with 0.9.0.

Jim
From: Bill Garber on

"Jim Brain" <brain(a)jbrain.com> wrote in message news:4b8c622b$0$276$14726298(a)news.sunsite.dk...
> On 3/1/2010 12:44 AM, RobertB wrote:
>> The new release 0.9.0 of the sd2iec has some bug
>> fixes and some additional features like:
>>
>> - New fastloader: ULoad Model 3
>> - New fastloader: G.I. Joe (said to be commonly ripped)
>> - New fastloader: Epyx FastLoad cartridge
>> - Support reading raw directory ($ with secondary> 0)
>> - "display disk images as directories"-mode
>> - DNP support
>> - remote display support
>>
>> Download the new firmware at
>>
>> http://www.sd2iec.de/
>>
>> To purchase the SD2IEC card drive for the Commodore, go to
>>
>> http://www.nkcelectronics.com
>>
> uIEC (www.jbrain.com :-) also utilizes the sd2iec firmware, so new and existing owners can take advantage of the improvements as
> well. Existing systems will automatically upgrade, while new units will be preloaded with 0.9.0.
>
> Jim

Dear Mr. Brain,

I'm looking to get an uIEC-SD, but I'm not sure which
connector I need for the C64. Can you please tell me,
do I need the 1 x 13 conector, as I can't see how the
daughterboard would even work, unless that one goes
into the user port. Please advise as to the difference.

Thank you,

Bill Garber

From: Jim Brain on
On 3/1/2010 7:18 PM, Bill Garber wrote:

> Dear Mr. Brain,
>
> I'm looking to get an uIEC-SD, but I'm not sure which
> connector I need for the C64. Can you please tell me,
> do I need the 1 x 13 conector, as I can't see how the
> daughterboard would even work, unless that one goes
> into the user port. Please advise as to the difference.

The daughter board connects to the uIEC/SD and then provides 3 switches,
power, and an IEC socket for a disk drive cable.

Unless you are interested in embedding the uIEC/SD into your machine, I
recommend the daughtercard.

Jim
From: Bill Garber on

> On 3/1/2010 7:18 PM, Bill Garber wrote:
>
>> Dear Mr. Brain,
>>
>> I'm looking to get an uIEC-SD, but I'm not sure which
>> connector I need for the C64. Can you please tell me,
>> do I need the 1 x 13 conector, as I can't see how the
>> daughterboard would even work, unless that one goes
>> into the user port. Please advise as to the difference.
>
> The daughter board connects to the uIEC/SD and then provides 3 switches, power, and an IEC socket for a disk drive cable.
> Unless you are interested in embedding the uIEC/SD into your machine, I recommend the daughtercard.
> Jim

Thanks, Jim.

Someone emailed me an answer, claiming that my question was
hard to understand, and TBH, his answer was even harder to
understand. Now that you have explained it, I can understand
what he was saying.

So, if you read this, thanks also to the guy who emailed me.

Ok then, daughterboard it is. Opening up the machine isn't
really something I want to do at this point. Back in the day,
you'd find me with at least one computer and game system all
opened up and soldering something into it, but not much now.

I plan to do a video mod to an Atari 7800 mainly because that
RF Modulator needs a tuner, and those are getting few and far
between nowadays.

Anyway, I digress, and ramble, too. WOW! I must be bored. ;-)

Bill