From: blue4hawk on
When I search for an IP address, say 10.10.15.55, I get no results found even
though I know there are messages that contain this IP address in the body &
subject of several messages. when I search for 10. I get results for all the
appropriate messages. If I search for 10.1, etc. nothing shows.
From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
Instant search uses starts at the beginning of a word and . denotes a new
word.

Try "10.10.15.55" (with the quotes) or advanced find.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

From: blue4hawk on
Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion, however using "10.10" in instant search and
also with Advanced find trying subject, then body, then subject and body all
yeilded the same results. Is there a way to tell Outlook to only use the coma
or semi-colon, etc. to denote a new word?

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
no, unfortunately.