From: "Nebojsa Subanovic" nebojsa.subanovic[makni on
Hi folks!
I have OpenSuse 11.1, Portland Group fortran pgilinux904 and have a problem
in execution of one script included in shell.
Here's the output when this script stops to work:

../new_prep.sh: line 92: 7514 Segmentation fault ../exe/initbc.exe >
initbc.out
value of err is 139
BAILING OUT BECAUSE SOMETHING FAILED!!!!!!!!!

Any idea? Thanks!

Nebojsa

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4678 (20091211) __________

http://www.eset.com

From: Van Chocstraw on
On 12/11/2009 08:20 AM, Nebojsa Subanovic wrote:
> Hi folks!
> I have OpenSuse 11.1, Portland Group fortran pgilinux904 and have a problem
> in execution of one script included in shell.
> Here's the output when this script stops to work:
>
> ./new_prep.sh: line 92: 7514 Segmentation fault ../exe/initbc.exe >
> initbc.out
> value of err is 139
> BAILING OUT BECAUSE SOMETHING FAILED!!!!!!!!!
>
> Any idea? Thanks!
>
> Nebojsa
>

> __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4678 (20091211) __________

> http://www.eset.com

Nobody really knows what a segmentation fault is. They should change the
error message to something understandable.
From: Ulick Magee on

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segmentation_fault

--

Ulick Magee

Free software and free formats for free information for free people.
Open Office for Windows/OSX/Linux: http://www.openoffice.org
openSUSE Linux: http://en.opensuse.org
From: Van Chocstraw on
Ulick Magee wrote:
> Van Chocstraw wrote:
>>>
>> Nobody really knows what a segmentation fault is. They should change the
>> error message to something understandable.
>

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segmentation_fault

So why would a program that was running fine all of a sudden start
tromping on protected memory such as I had with Firefox? Only
reinstalling the OS fixed this problem.
From: Paul J Gans on
Van Chocstraw <boobooililililil(a)roadrunner.com> wrote:
>Ulick Magee wrote:
>> Van Chocstraw wrote:
>>>>
>>> Nobody really knows what a segmentation fault is. They should change the
>>> error message to something understandable.
>>

>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segmentation_fault
>>

>So why would a program that was running fine all of a sudden start
>tromping on protected memory such as I had with Firefox? Only
>reinstalling the OS fixed this problem.

If you are certain the problem was in that script, I'd wager that
something in that script or in a program binary invoked by that
script suffered from a bit of bit rot.

To suspect just what program is involved, you'd have to know just
what was being invoked.

--
--- Paul J. Gans