From: Steve Miller on

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP(a)gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:%23Sx9$quwKHA.1692(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> From your post's headers: Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5512
>
> First tell us why your WinXP SP3 computer isn't fully-patched at Windows Update?
>
> Then tell us...
>
> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications
> (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?
>
> Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled
> when you bought it)?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> Steve Miller wrote:
>> Services.exe was trying to shutdown my computer after boot up. Could
>> someone please help?

Hi PA Bear, I have AVIRA installed.

Steve

From: Steve Miller on
Search & Destroy didn't find anything as well.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
And...?

From: Steve Miller on
Pretty good, no malware or something. What do yout hink?

From: Steve Miller on
I mean, I think I don't have got any viruses, malware or adware or something
stored to my hard drive. I'm pretty much after this and I do notice if something
unusual goes on, normally.

What I did was that I moved files to AVIRAS Quarantine a while back, since
these were indexed by AVIRA to containing suspicious code.

I'm in the process of checking these files.

P.S. Please don't scream at me, I'll start weeping.

Steve

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Can't Stop External Hard Drive