From: Steve Miller on
Hello ng,

Services.exe was trying to shutdown my computer after boot up. Could someone
please help?

Kind regards,
Steve

From: Jose on
On Mar 13, 2:32 pm, "Steve Miller" <misterblue...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello ng,
>
> Services.exe was  trying to shutdown my computer after boot up. Could someone
> please help?
>
> Kind regards,
> Steve

Greetings sm,

To prevent chasing the proverbial wild goose, please perform the
following, then we can properly investigate if you still have issues:

Download, install, update and do a full scan with these free malware
detection programs:

Malwarebytes (MBAM): http://malwarebytes.org/
SUPERAntiSpyware: (SAS): http://www.superantispyware.com/

They can be uninstalled later if desired.

To eliminate questions and guessing, please provide additional
information about your system.

Click Start, Run and in the box enter:

msinfo32

Click OK, and when the System Summary info appears, click Edit, Select
All, Copy and then paste the information back here.

There will be some personal information (like System Name and User
Name), and whatever appears to be private information to you, just
delete it from the pasted information.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
From your post's headers: Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5512

First tell us why your WinXP SP3 computer isn't fully-patched at Windows
Update?

Then tell us...

What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

From: Steve Miller on

"Jose" <jose_ease(a)yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:24db3ba7-bd44-4681-8664-30de783e3d48(a)t20g2000yqe.googlegroups.com...
On Mar 13, 2:32 pm, "Steve Miller" <misterblue...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello ng,
>
> Services.exe was trying to shutdown my computer after boot up. Could someone
> please help?
>
> Kind regards,
> Steve

Greetings sm,

To prevent chasing the proverbial wild goose, please perform the
following, then we can properly investigate if you still have issues:

Download, install, update and do a full scan with these free malware
detection programs:

Malwarebytes (MBAM): http://malwarebytes.org/
SUPERAntiSpyware: (SAS): http://www.superantispyware.com/

They can be uninstalled later if desired.

To eliminate questions and guessing, please provide additional
information about your system.

Click Start, Run and in the box enter:

msinfo32

Click OK, and when the System Summary info appears, click Edit, Select
All, Copy and then paste the information back here.

There will be some personal information (like System Name and User
Name), and whatever appears to be private information to you, just
delete it from the pasted information.

Hi Mr,Ease, the computer runs Windows XP Media Center 32 bit. The Windows
copy was genuine.

The error was Winsows related, not caused by a virus or malware or there like, I
think. I had it before, and added an other user, Now it's being back.

Other symptoms are, the Windows update website dosen't work, as well as the
acticvation program. Pretty bad I think.

Steve

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Steve Miller wrote:
<snip>
> The error was Winsows related, not caused by a virus or malware or there
> like, I think. I had it before, and added an other user, Now it's being
> back.
>
> Other symptoms are, the Windows update website dosen't work...

And you don't think this is still the work of "a virus or malware"
infection?!