From: Norvin on
aaronep(a)pacbell.net wrote:
> about a year ago when service pack 3 for Windows XP was released,
> there was some controversy about it, in that it caused problems.
>

> Now that a year has passed, are there still reasons NOT to install
> SP 3, but to remain on using only SP 2?
>
> best, Aaron
Is there an easy way to find out if SP 3 is already installed. I know
this may be a newbie question, but it fits me. Thanks
From: Shenan Stanley on
<snipped>
<conversation was hijacked>

Norvin wrote:
> Is there an easy way to find out if SP 3 is already installed. I
> know this may be a newbie question, but it fits me. Thanks

Start button --> Run
WINVER
--> OK

What does the version line say - verbatim?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: Norvin on
Shenan Stanley wrote:
> <snipped>
> <conversation was hijacked>
>
> Norvin wrote:
>> Is there an easy way to find out if SP 3 is already installed. I
>> know this may be a newbie question, but it fits me. Thanks
>
> Start button --> Run
> WINVER
> --> OK
>
> What does the version line say - verbatim?

Damn, that was easy, I do have SP3 installed. It must have been in
one of the automatic updates that bug me all the time. :)
Ths for the quick response.
From: Kevin on

"Ken Blake, MVP" wrote:

> In my view there were never any good reasons not to install it. I
> would certainly not put it off any longer.

What you expect this planet to explode without SP3? You told us you
haven't formatted a HD since Win3 and we took you as religious nutter.
What made you think we would take you seriously this time? SO YOU ARE
NUTS then?

From: ANONYMOUS on

On 6 Dec, 01:44, "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABear...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Computers running WinXP SP2 will NOT be offered any further critical
> security updates, Automatic Updates will cease to function, and Windows
> Update website will not be available after 12 April 2010 until SP3 is
> installed.

Hey Pig-Bear,

Why is M$ still pumping out "Critical Security Updates" especially
when the Operating system is 10 years old. Has M$ started recruiting
78 year old geriatrics like you to look after security updates?

In any case who cares about new updates when we are already with
Windows Se7en and you should do your bit to promote the new OS. You
are a genuine MVP right? Have you bought your burial plot so that
your kiddies don't have to worry about it when that critical time
comes. Perhaps you should take out that critical securty update on
your life.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: slow
Next: IE8 works, but Firefox, Opera etc. do not