From: Richard Harvey on
Hello,
restoring the sharepoint database to a new server I get the following error.

ERROR: 589915 Unable to locate <Web> or <Solution> tag within manifest

This is the syntax I am using, with the right username & password

C:\smig>smigrate.exe -r -w http://companyweb -f c:\smig\backup.fwp -u
domain\user -pw password

Any ideas??
Thanks, Richard

From: Mike Walsh on
One common mistake is to attempt to restore the smigrate backup to a site
where the template has been installed already.

I don't know if this is the case here.

My standard working command line stream is

smigrate.exe -r -w Local_Web_site_URL -f backup_filename -u user_name -pw
password

which looks to be the same as yours.

Mike Walsh, Helsinki, Finland
WSS FAQ at http://wss.collutions.com
Please reply to the newsgroup

"Richard Harvey" <rh(a)junctioncity.com.au> wrote in message
> Hello,
> restoring the sharepoint database to a new server I get the following
> error.
>
> ERROR: 589915 Unable to locate <Web> or <Solution> tag within manifest
>
> This is the syntax I am using, with the right username & password
>
> C:\smig>smigrate.exe -r -w http://companyweb -f c:\smig\backup.fwp -u
> domain\user -pw password
>

> Any ideas??
> Thanks, Richard