From: valter on
hi,
i have exactly the same problem
have you fixed your problem?
thanks
:)

Ginny Caughey [MVP] wrote:

It would go in the connection string itself, although I don't know if it will
04-Mar-08

It would go in the connection string itself, although I don't know if it
will solve your problem or not.

Here's a pretty complete listing of connection string options in SQL Server:
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-3513-6084879.html

I don't know how many of those options also apply to SQL 2000, and there are
probably some additional ones for SQL 2008.

You wouldn't need to add a user for the SqlClient connection ordinarily. IIS
is sort of an exception because it needs an account to run under.

--
Ginny Caughey
Device Application Development MVP

www.wasteworks.com
Scalehouse and Billing Software for Waste Management

"jp2msft" <jp2msft(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On Tuesday, March 04, 2008 9:29 AM
jp2msf wrote:

Pocket PC w/ SQL Server 2000 and 2005
Using Visual Studio 2005 Professional:

We have two versions of SQL Server running on one machine: SQL Server 2000
Enterprise (Sql2000) and SQL Server 2005 Express.

We need to connect the Pocket PC (PPC) to Sql2000. The PCs can connect, but
not the Pocket PCs.

The Pocket PCs can ping Sql2000, but when our code tries to open an Sql
Connection, we get the following SqlException Error Message:

"SQL Server does not exist or access denied."

Since we can ping, we know the server exists and can be seen from the PPC.

We have tried multiple versions of the connection string, but this does not
seem to be the problem.

Our System Admin assures me that the server is not running a firewall, so
what else would prevent the PPC from being able to connect to Sql2000?

The PPC does not have a login ID/PWD, so I say we should *not* be using
Integrated Security.

Sql2000 uses port 1433, and it is setup to accept both SQL Server and
Windows Authentication.

We have tried different User ID/Password combinations; some have
Administrator access, while others only have access to the tables we need to
read.

Here are the different connection strings we have tried:

"Data Source=CPAPP;Initial Catalog=AIO;Integrated Security=True;User
ID=public;Password=public"
"Data Source=172.16.8.105,1433;Initial Catalog=AIO;Integrated
Security=True;User ID=AIO\public;Password=public"
"Data Source=172.16.8.105,1433;Initial Catalog=AIO;Integrated
Security=True;User ID=AIO\vti;Password=vti"
"Data Source=CPAPP;Initial Catalog=AIO;Integrated Security=False;User
ID=aio\vti;Password=vti"
"Data Source=CPAPP;Initial Catalog=AIO;Integrated Security=False;User
ID=public;Password=public"
"Data Source=CPAPP;Initial Catalog=AIO;User ID=test;Password=test;"
"Data Source=CPAPP;Initial Catalog=AIO;User ID=public;Password=public"
"Data Source=CPAPP;Initial Catalog=AIO;Integrated Security=True;User
ID=public;Password=public"

Does anybody have any information on this?

On Tuesday, March 04, 2008 11:14 AM
Ginny Caughey [MVP] wrote:

Re: Pocket PC w/ SQL Server 2000 and 2005
Did you try this combination:

"Data Source=172.16.8.105,1433;Initial Catalog=AIO;User
ID=public;Password=public"

The other thing to think about might be providing a connection timeout
value.

HTH,

--
Ginny Caughey
Device Application Development MVP

www.wasteworks.com
Scalehouse and Billing Software for Waste Management

"jp2msft" <jp2msft(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On Tuesday, March 04, 2008 3:31 PM
jp2msf wrote:

Where would I provide the timeout?
Where would I provide the timeout?

With SqlConnection, there is a ReadOnly ConnectionTimeout value, but I can
not set it.

In my error, it says the error comes from the ConnectionOpen(Connect())
call, and that the source is the ".Net SqlClient Data Provider."

I don't need to add a ".Net SqlClient Data Provider" user to the Sql2000
server, do I?

Seems like ASP.NET applications need an ASPNET user to be added to IIS
before they will run.

"Ginny Caughey [MVP]" wrote:

On Tuesday, March 04, 2008 4:02 PM
Ginny Caughey [MVP] wrote:

It would go in the connection string itself, although I don't know if it will
It would go in the connection string itself, although I don't know if it
will solve your problem or not.

Here's a pretty complete listing of connection string options in SQL Server:
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-3513-6084879.html

I don't know how many of those options also apply to SQL 2000, and there are
probably some additional ones for SQL 2008.

You wouldn't need to add a user for the SqlClient connection ordinarily. IIS
is sort of an exception because it needs an account to run under.

--
Ginny Caughey
Device Application Development MVP

www.wasteworks.com
Scalehouse and Billing Software for Waste Management

"jp2msft" <jp2msft(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Sending SMTP email from within BizTalk Orchestration
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/9dd0f346-baf9-4674-a50f-1716445b26bc/sending-smtp-email-from-w.aspx