From: SG1 on

"Chris McDonald" <chris(a)csse.uwa.edu.au> wrote in message
> "mysterious stranger" <I_C_Jew_people(a)PariahIsrael.con> writes:
>

>>"B J Foster" <bjfoster(a)yahoo.com.invalid> wrote in message
>>>
>>> A fair question, when your name is I_C_Jew_people(a)PariahIsrael.con
>>> and nothing remotely like 'Stephen Conroy'
>

>>I'm NOT claiming to be the real or the fake 'Stephen Conroy'!
>

> Agreed; those who registered the domain name are not claiming it either,
> but they're hoping that ill-informed people will mistakenly assume
> an association.
>
> Why is it not sufficient to get across the political message
> with a domain name such as against-australian-filtering.com
> or similar? Why is the misrepresentation so important?
>
> --
> Chris.

Because that idiot in Canberra (canberra is that not a remover of human
nightsoil??) is making out that they want to stop Kiddieporn wnen what they
want to do is make us another China and I don't have the eyes for it.

From: jonz on
On 12/22/2009 3:36 PM, blank wrote:
>> From what I can see the "western democracies" are slowly sliding
>> towards a
>> fascist states while the worker bees "drones" are a sleep.
>>
> Ah, well then please accept my apology. You are manifestly a deep
> thinker who has it all worked out, even to the point of changing the
> rules of the language to make it better suit your ideology. I am a sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
typo....sheep.

From: Chris McDonald on
"SG1" <lostitall(a)the.races> writes:

>Because that idiot in Canberra (canberra is that not a remover of human
>nightsoil??) is making out that they want to stop Kiddieporn wnen what they
>want to do is make us another China and I don't have the eyes for it.

And so you believe that you can correct that situation by misrepresentation.
Good luck with that; you may have many a fool join you.

--
Chris.
From: keithr on
mysterious stranger wrote:
> auDA Takedown
> On Fri 18-12-2009 auDA issued a notice giving us 3 hours to provide evidence
> of our eligibility to hold stephenconroy.com.au and related domain names. We
> asked for reasonable time to prepare and make representations on our
> eligibility but auDA refused to grant this, insisting we reply within the 3
> hour window.
>
> After several attempts at convincing them to give us reasonable time to
> reply we made a last-ditch attempt at 16:10AEDT stating that we provide a
> consultancy product with 'Stephen Conroy' in it's name. We hoped that this
> would at least enable us to stay up over the weekend, but they didn't want
> to know. We believe that auDA had decided to pull our registration
> regardless of what we did.
>
> After we were ultimately unable to obtain appropriate advice and
> representation in the manifestly inadequate time they pulled the domain,
> sending the site off-line. We've temporarily moved to stephen-conroy.com
> while we assess and respond to auDA's actions. Please update your bookmarks.
>
> During the course of the weekend we have obtained advice from several
> sources and had discussions with the extremely helpful guys at EFA, who have
> agreed to provide their support. They also confirmed having received
> numerous other complaints from members of the public regarding auDA's
> actions.
>
> We've received widespread support and messages of condemnation aimed at auDA
> for their actions, which seem to have been rightly interpreted as a
> manifestly political move.
>
> We'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their support and
> state that we WILL BE fighting what we consider to be a heavy-handed attempt
> to silence us. If you think this is as ridiculous as we do feel free to
> contact auDA directly and register your disapproval:
>
> Chris Disspain - auDA CEO
> Email: ceo(a)auda.org.au
> Telephone: 1300 732 929
> Facsimile: 03 8341 4112
>
> Update 20-12-2009: It seems that auDA's actions have drawn almost universal
> condemnation over the weekend. See what people are saying on Twitter HERE
> and articles at Stop Internet Censorship HERE, iTWire (Article #1) HERE, and
> Deography HERE.
>
> Update: 21-12-2009: See our press-release on this issue HERE, Crikey!
> article HERE, and iTWire (Article #2) HERE
> http://stephen-conroy.com/page.php?4%22

Its called cyber-squatting and is looked upon with great disfavour by
the internet powers that be.