From: eagersh on
On Aug 25, 8:51 pm, hitesh <hitesh.ughr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 23, 11:05 pm, eagersh <eagers...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > hi igor,
> > > thanks for the reply,
> > > but here situation is different,
> > > first i am getting the request for stopadaptor and then query ?
> > > is it normal or something i am missing,
> > > ~hitesh
>
> > You should get first ScsiQuerySupportedControlTypes and latter
> > ScsiStopAdapter.
> > I don't really understand how you could get ScsiStopAdapter first
> > because ScsiQuerySupportedControlTypes defines supported types.
>
> > Igor Sharovar- Hide quoted text -

> hi,
> i am getting request in QueryAdaptor and then stop adaptor.
> it works fine when i sleep or hibernate or shutdown/ restart the
> system.
> but if i try to unload the driver from device manager then it creates
> problem, system hangs.
> is there anything like i should handle call in startIo routine which
> is related to unloading the driver?
> regards,
> ~hitesh

Attach WinDbg and run !analyze -v when the driver crash. Publish the
output here.

Igor Sharovar
From: hitesh on
On Aug 26, 10:02 pm, eagersh <eagers...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 25, 8:51 pm, hitesh <hitesh.ughr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > You should get first ScsiQuerySupportedControlTypes and latter
> > > ScsiStopAdapter.
> > > I don't really understand how you could get ScsiStopAdapter first
> > > because ScsiQuerySupportedControlTypes defines supported types.
>
> > > Igor Sharovar- Hide quoted text -

> > hi,
> > i am getting request in QueryAdaptor and then stop adaptor.
> > it works fine when i sleep or hibernate or shutdown/ restart the
> > system.
> > but if i try to unload the driver from device manager then it creates
> > problem, system hangs.
> > is there anything like i should handle call in startIo routine which
> > is related to unloading the driver?
> > regards,
> > ~hitesh
>
> Attach WinDbg and run !analyze -v when the driver crash. Publish the
> output here.
>
> Igor Sharovar- Hide quoted text -

hi igor,
my driver doesnt crash but it hangs,
and when i tried to check with "!locks" command, it is somewhere in
kernel,
~hitesh
From: eagersh on
On Aug 27, 5:37 am, hitesh <hitesh.ughr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 26, 10:02 pm, eagersh <eagers...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > hi,
> > > i am getting request in QueryAdaptor and then stop adaptor.
> > > it works fine when i sleep or hibernate or shutdown/ restart the
> > > system.
> > > but if i try to unload the driver from device manager then it creates
> > > problem, system hangs.
> > > is there anything like i should handle call in startIo routine which
> > > is related to unloading the driver?
> > > regards,
> > > ~hitesh
>
> > Attach WinDbg and run !analyze -v when the driver crash. Publish the
> > output here.
>
> > Igor Sharovar- Hide quoted text -

> hi igor,
> my driver doesnt crash but it hangs,
> and when i tried to check with "!locks" command, it is somewhere in
> kernel,
> ~hitesh

What was the last call from your driver? Put debug messages in all
dispatch functions and see which was the last before the hang.
In general, you don't need to do something special in StopAdapter.
Igor Sharovar
From: eagersh on
On Aug 27, 9:38 am, eagersh <eagers...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 27, 5:37 am, hitesh <hitesh.ughr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Attach WinDbg and run !analyze -v when the driver crash. Publish the
> > > output here.
>
> > > Igor Sharovar- Hide quoted text -

> > hi igor,
> > my driver doesnt crash but it hangs,
> > and when i tried to check with "!locks" command, it is somewhere in
> > kernel,
> > ~hitesh
>
> What was the last call from your driver? Put debug messages in all
> dispatch functions and see which was the last before the hang.
> In general, you don't need to do something special in StopAdapter.
> Igor Sharovar

Hitesh,
To additional to my previous advise you could run
!running which will show all currently running threads
and !stack 2 which shows full stack of running threads. There is good
post in OSR now which called "System lockup" and Scott Noone gave some
advises on similar to your situation. I would also suggest to install
check build version of partition manager, disk.sys and
scsiport(storport.sys whichever you use) and enable debug messages
from Windows kernel components by running ed !kd_WIN2000_Mask 0xffff.
You may see the last calls of storage stack components started from
partmng and finished your driver.

Igor Sharovar