From: hitesh on
hi all,
i am wrintin a storport miniport driver.
it successfully loads and works fine. but if try to stop it from
device manager (right click on device in device manager and click on
disable ) it hangs.
i am getting control in adaptor control for stop adaptor and query
request.
can anybody tell me what i need to take care to successfully stop the
device?
thanks,
Hitesh
From: eagersh on
On Aug 19, 2:26 am, hitesh <hitesh.ughr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> hi all,
> i am wrintin a storport miniport driver.
> it successfully loads and works fine. but if try to stop it from
> device manager (right click on device in device manager and click on
> disable ) it hangs.
> i am getting control in adaptor control for stop adaptor and query
> request.
> can anybody tell me what i need to take care to successfully stop the
> device?
> thanks,
> Hitesh

What kind request did you get first in your AdapterControl routine?
You should first get ScsiQuerySupportedControlTypes and specify
supported types. After that you should get ScsiStopAdapter.
Look at miniport StorPort sample at \WinDDK\7600.16385.1\src\storage
\StorportMiniports.

Igor Sharovar
From: hitesh on
On Aug 20, 9:30 pm, eagersh <eagers...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 19, 2:26 am, hitesh <hitesh.ughr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > hi all,
> > i am wrintin a storport miniport driver.
> > it successfully loads and works fine. but if try to stop it from
> > device manager (right click on device in device manager and click on
> > disable ) it hangs.
> > i am getting control in adaptor control for stop adaptor and query
> > request.
> > can anybody tell me what i need to take care to successfully stop the
> > device?
> > thanks,
> > Hitesh
>
> What kind request did you get first in your AdapterControl routine?
> You should first get ScsiQuerySupportedControlTypes and specify
> supported types. After that you should get  ScsiStopAdapter.
> Look at miniport StorPort sample at \WinDDK\7600.16385.1\src\storage
> \StorportMiniports.
>
> Igor Sharovar

hi igor,
thanks for the reply,
but here situation is different,
first i am getting the request for stopadaptor and then query ?
is it normal or something i am missing,
~hitesh
From: eagersh on
On Aug 23, 12:31 am, hitesh <hitesh.ughr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 20, 9:30 pm, eagersh <eagers...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Aug 19, 2:26 am, hitesh <hitesh.ughr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > hi all,
> > > i am wrintin a storport miniport driver.
> > > it successfully loads and works fine. but if try to stop it from
> > > device manager (right click on device in device manager and click on
> > > disable ) it hangs.
> > > i am getting control in adaptor control for stop adaptor and query
> > > request.
> > > can anybody tell me what i need to take care to successfully stop the
> > > device?
> > > thanks,
> > > Hitesh
>
> > What kind request did you get first in your AdapterControl routine?
> > You should first get ScsiQuerySupportedControlTypes and specify
> > supported types. After that you should get  ScsiStopAdapter.
> > Look at miniport StorPort sample at \WinDDK\7600.16385.1\src\storage
> > \StorportMiniports.
>
> > Igor Sharovar
>
> hi igor,
> thanks for the reply,
> but here situation is different,
> first i am getting the request for stopadaptor and then query ?
> is it normal or something i am missing,
> ~hitesh

You should get first ScsiQuerySupportedControlTypes and latter
ScsiStopAdapter.
I don't really understand how you could get ScsiStopAdapter first
because ScsiQuerySupportedControlTypes defines supported types.

Igor Sharovar
From: hitesh on
On Aug 23, 11:05 pm, eagersh <eagers...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 23, 12:31 am, hitesh <hitesh.ughr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > What kind request did you get first in your AdapterControl routine?
> > > You should first get ScsiQuerySupportedControlTypes and specify
> > > supported types. After that you should get  ScsiStopAdapter.
> > > Look at miniport StorPort sample at \WinDDK\7600.16385.1\src\storage
> > > \StorportMiniports.
>
> > > Igor Sharovar
>
> > hi igor,
> > thanks for the reply,
> > but here situation is different,
> > first i am getting the request for stopadaptor and then query ?
> > is it normal or something i am missing,
> > ~hitesh
>
> You should get first ScsiQuerySupportedControlTypes and latter
> ScsiStopAdapter.
> I don't really understand how you could get ScsiStopAdapter first
> because ScsiQuerySupportedControlTypes defines supported types.
>
> Igor Sharovar- Hide quoted text -

hi,
i am getting request in QueryAdaptor and then stop adaptor.
it works fine when i sleep or hibernate or shutdown/ restart the
system.
but if i try to unload the driver from device manager then it creates
problem, system hangs.
is there anything like i should handle call in startIo routine which
is related to unloading the driver?
regards,
~hitesh