From: John W. Vinson on
On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 18:37:17 GMT, "officemanager2 via AccessMonster.com"
<u58933(a)uwe> wrote:

>Hi John: The reason I put two note fields is that I thought it would work
>better for the end user, this is proving not to be the case. Ideally as the
>end user inputs a new note it will show up in the subform with the timestamp
>and with a glance it can be seen what was said and when.
>
>If this was possible it would create the situation where the subform as read
>only (another thing I need to figure out how to do) so the time and what was
>said could not be altered.
>
>I've seen some postings of a similar nature so as it stands I'm trying to
>create a button that will open up a pop up (that is tied into the notes
>field), the note would be put in, the end user would hit the save button
>which would close the pop up and the note would appear in the subform with
>the timestamp. This may be an overly complicated way of performing this task
>and being rookie at this I'm open to suggestions.

I'd just use a continuous Subform for all the notes. If you really want to
allow the user to enter new notes but prohibit them from editing existing
notes (even to correct errors), you can set the subform's Allow Additions
property to Yes and AllowEdits to No.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]