From: RnR on
On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 10:58:25 -0400, "Mel" <nowayfriend(a)nuwoo.net>
wrote:

> Any suggestions? I'm looking for an XP Dell.
> These have recently been listed.
> What would be a decent price? Are these both decent machines? My needs
>are web surfing and some Office applications
>
> Inspiron 6000
>
> Item specifics - PC Laptops
> Brand: Dell Processor Type: --
> Type: Laptop/Notebook Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz
> Screen Size: 15.4 inch Processor Configuration: Single Core
> Operating System: Windows XP Professional Memory (RAM): 2 GB
> Primary Drive: DVD+/-RW Hard Drive Capacity: 60 GB
>

> Inspiron E 1705
>
> Brand: Dell Processor Type: Intel Centrino
> Type: Laptop/Notebook Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz
> Screen Size: 17 inch Processor Configuration: --
> Operating System: Windows XP Professional Memory (RAM): 2 GB
> Primary Drive: CD-RW/DVD Combo Hard Drive Capacity: 106 GB

I can't help you with Ebay computers since I never bought one from
them. Is the Dell outlet out of your price range? I suppose it's
higher because the models are more recent but it would give you some
assurance in case of a return. Well maybe you already knew this so
perhaps ths post is not helping but unless the outlet was definitely
out of the question, I'd go to the outlet and be patient because if
you follow it over 2 or 3 weeks, you will once in a while find a
bargain. I used to think it was a typo but I guess they are just
testing to see if anyone is paying attention... ie: I'd see constant
laptops equally equipped for say $600 for a week or two then as if one
fell thru the cracks, one would be $500 equally equipped and then the
next one went back to $600. First time I noticed it, I missed out
but I stayed calm and after a few days, saw another one.
From: lgreenwood on
On Apr 28, 8:58 am, "Mel" <nowayfri...(a)nuwoo.net> wrote:
>       Any suggestions? I'm looking for an XP Dell.
>       These have recently been listed.
>       What would be a decent price? Are these both decent machines? My needs
> are web surfing and some Office applications
>
>       Inspiron 6000
My own experience with buy a computer off ebay was not with a dell,
but rather an ancient Radio Shack Model T100, the very first laptop I
think. I had to buy three of them just to get one that worked. No
more ebay for me...Larry