From: big16g4g63 on

Danny Kile;4716919 Wrote:
> Elmo wrote:
> > big16g4g63 wrote:
> >> Ok so about 5 days ago my computer blue screened on me while I was
> >> surfing the internet. Rebooted it and now it blue screens on me
> every
> >> time. I restart the computer and after putting my password in it
> shows
> >> my desktop for about 4 seconds and blue screens. Here is what it
> says.
> >> "This problem seems to be caused by file tdidis32.sys." I looked it
> up and
> >> I guess it�s a Trojan.
> >>
> >> Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area..
> >>
> >> Stop: 0x00000050 (0x81000078, 0x00000000, 0xad49c3fb, 0x00000000.)
> >>
> >> Tdidis32.sys- address ad49c3f8, base at ad49b000, date stamp
> 4af69b2e.
> >>
> >> I can�t start my system in safe mode; it freezes every time I try.
> >> What can I do to fix this issue long enough to backup all my info
> on
> >> this hard drive. I am just stumped and don�t know what to do, I
> feel
> >> like I have tried everything. I�m running a dell dimension 8400
> with
> >> 1.5 GB of RAM and Windows XP Home. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!
> >
> > Burn BitDefender, or another program listed at the link below, to a
> CD
> > (using a working machine) and test the infected machine with it.
> > BitDefender also has a Rootkit checker on the Linux Desktop; run it
> if
> > you think that's the problem:
> >

> http://www.techmixer.com/free-bootable-antivirus-rescue-cds-download-list/
> >
> > Download the executable rather than the .iso image, if one is
> > available.. it prompts you to insert a CD and burns the file, no
> problem.
> >
> > Then run these:
> >
> > Malwarebytes� Corporation
> > http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam/program/mbam-setup.exe
> >
> > SuperAntispyware
> > http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html
> >

> If the above does not get you to a bootable system, then you may want
> this depending on the value of the data. Buy a new hard drive pull the
> old one out and set it aside. Then format and install XP and bring it
> up
> to date. Then install any software this will get you a working system.
> At this point you can install the bad drive and run AV and Spyware
> scanners. Then copy the data you want off of it to the new drive. At
> this point the old drive can be reformatted and then used as a spare
> drive or a backup drive.
>
> Danny,

So i tried the disk and no such luck. After restart same thing blue
screen. So if i buy a new hard drive and install a new os on it, i can
hopefully save all my info on my current hard drive by copy and pasting?

--
big16g4g63
big16g4g63's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/161559.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: Buffalo on

big16g4g63 wrote:
> Danny Kile;4716919 Wrote:

>>> Burn BitDefender, or another program listed at the link below, to a
>>> CD (using a working machine) and test the infected machine with it.
>>> BitDefender also has a Rootkit checker on the Linux Desktop; run it
>>> if you think that's the problem:

http://www.techmixer.com/free-bootable-antivirus-rescue-cds-download-list/

>>> Download the executable rather than the .iso image, if one is
>>> available.. it prompts you to insert a CD and burns the file, no
>>> problem.
>>>
>>> Then run these:
>>>
>>> Malwarebytes� Corporation
>>> http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam/program/mbam-setup.exe
>>>
>>> SuperAntispyware
>>> http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html
>>>

>> If the above does not get you to a bootable system, then you may want
>> this depending on the value of the data. Buy a new hard drive pull
>> the old one out and set it aside. Then format and install XP and
>> bring it up
>> to date. Then install any software this will get you a working
>> system. At this point you can install the bad drive and run AV and
>> Spyware scanners. Then copy the data you want off of it to the new
>> drive. At this point the old drive can be reformatted and then used
>> as a spare drive or a backup drive.
>>
>> Danny,
>
> So i tried the disk and no such luck. After restart same thing blue
> screen. So if i buy a new hard drive and install a new os on it, i can
> hopefully save all my info on my current hard drive by copy and
> pasting?

You could also remove your HDD and install it in another computer as a slave
and try to clean it that way or even copy it that way.
Buffalo
PS: Perhaps someone that had a similar problem will come along and have the
fix you need. It does sound familar so, there is still hope.

From: Jose on
On Dec 6, 2:56 pm, big16g4g63 <big16g4g63.42s...(a)DoNotSpam.com> wrote:
> Ok so about 5 days ago my computer blue screened on me while I was
> surfing the internet. Rebooted it and now it blue screens on me every
> time. I restart the computer and after putting my password in it show's
> my desktop for about 4 seconds and blue screens. Here is what it says.
> This problem seems to be caused to file tdidis32.sys. I looked it up and
> I guess it s a Trojan.
>
> Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area..
>
> Stop: 0x00000050 (0x81000078, 0x00000000, 0xad49c3fb, 0x00000000.)
>
> Tdidis32.sys- address ad49c3f8, base at ad49b000, date stamp 4af69b2e.
>
> I can t start my system in safe mode; it freezes every time I try.
> What can I do to fix this issue long enough to backup all my info on
> this hard drive.  I am just stumped and don t know what to do, I feel
> like I have tried everything.  I m running a dell dimension 8400 with
> 1.5 GB of ram and windows xp home. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!
>
> --
> big16g4g63
> big16g4g63's Profile:http://forums.techarena.in/members/161559.htm
> View this thread:http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1279193.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Why don't you just boot the XP Recovery Console and rename tdidis.sys
so Windows can't find/load it, boot, scan for malicious software...

You will find tdidis.sys in the c:\windows\system32 folder.
From: big16g4g63 on

Jose;4717460 Wrote:
> On Dec 6, 2:56*pm, big16g4g63 <big16g4g63.42s...(a)DoNotSpam.com> wrote:
> > Ok so about 5 days ago my computer blue screened on me while I was
> > surfing the internet. Rebooted it and now it blue screens on me
> every
> > time. I restart the computer and after putting my password in it
> show's
> > my desktop for about 4 seconds and blue screens. Here is what it
> says.
> > This problem seems to be caused to file tdidis32.sys. I looked it up
> and
> > I guess it s a Trojan.
> >
> > Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area..
> >
> > Stop: 0x00000050 (0x81000078, 0x00000000, 0xad49c3fb, 0x00000000.)
> >
> > Tdidis32.sys- address ad49c3f8, base at ad49b000, date stamp
> 4af69b2e.
> >
> > I can t start my system in safe mode; it freezes every time I try.
> > What can I do to fix this issue long enough to backup all my info on
> > this hard drive. *I am just stumped and don t know what to do, I
> feel
> > like I have tried everything. *I m running a dell dimension 8400
> with
> > 1.5 GB of ram and windows xp home. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!
> >
> > --
> > big16g4g63

> > big16g4g63's Profile:http://forums.techarena.in/members/161559.htm
> > View this
> thread:http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1279193.htm
> >
> > http://forums.techarena.in
>
> Why don't you just boot the XP Recovery Console and rename tdidis.sys
> so Windows can't find/load it, boot, scan for malicious software...
>
> You will find tdidis.sys in the c:\windows\system32 folder.

Exactly how do I rename a file through xp recovery console? I know how
to get into it but not exactly sure how to rename it.

From: big16g4g63 on

big16g4g63;4717823 Wrote:
> Exactly how do I rename a file through xp recovery console? I know how
> to get into it but not exactly sure how to rename it.

What should i rename the file?