From: big16g4g63 on

Ok so about 5 days ago my computer blue screened on me while I was
surfing the internet. Rebooted it and now it blue screens on me every
time. I restart the computer and after putting my password in it show's
my desktop for about 4 seconds and blue screens. Here is what it says.
This problem seems to be caused to file tdidis32.sys. I looked it up and
I guess it�s a Trojan.

Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area..

Stop: 0x00000050 (0x81000078, 0x00000000, 0xad49c3fb, 0x00000000.)

Tdidis32.sys- address ad49c3f8, base at ad49b000, date stamp 4af69b2e.

I can�t start my system in safe mode; it freezes every time I try.
What can I do to fix this issue long enough to backup all my info on
this hard drive. I am just stumped and don�t know what to do, I feel
like I have tried everything. I�m running a dell dimension 8400 with
1.5 GB of ram and windows xp home. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!

--
big16g4g63
big16g4g63's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/161559.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: Leonard Grey on
What have you done thus far to remove the malware?

Did you have comprehensive (tries to detect all types of malware),
up-to-date malware-removal software running in the background at the
time the computer became infected? If not, don't bother trying to fix
your problem. Erase your hard disk and start over.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

From: big16g4g63 on

sorry i posted multiple times kept giving me page fault error!!

From: Elmo on
big16g4g63 wrote:
> Ok so about 5 days ago my computer blue screened on me while I was
> surfing the internet. Rebooted it and now it blue screens on me every
> time. I restart the computer and after putting my password in it shows
> my desktop for about 4 seconds and blue screens. Here is what it says.
> "This problem seems to be caused by file tdidis32.sys." I looked it up and
> I guess it’s a Trojan.
>
> Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area..
>
> Stop: 0x00000050 (0x81000078, 0x00000000, 0xad49c3fb, 0x00000000.)
>
> Tdidis32.sys- address ad49c3f8, base at ad49b000, date stamp 4af69b2e.
>
> I can’t start my system in safe mode; it freezes every time I try.
> What can I do to fix this issue long enough to backup all my info on
> this hard drive. I am just stumped and don’t know what to do, I feel
> like I have tried everything. I’m running a dell dimension 8400 with
> 1.5 GB of RAM and Windows XP Home. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!

Burn BitDefender, or another program listed at the link below, to a CD
(using a working machine) and test the infected machine with it.
BitDefender also has a Rootkit checker on the Linux Desktop; run it if
you think that's the problem:

http://www.techmixer.com/free-bootable-antivirus-rescue-cds-download-list/

Download the executable rather than the .iso image, if one is
available.. it prompts you to insert a CD and burns the file, no problem.

Then run these:

Malwarebytes© Corporation

SuperAntispyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html

--
Joe =o)
From: Danny Kile on
Elmo wrote:
> big16g4g63 wrote:
>> Ok so about 5 days ago my computer blue screened on me while I was
>> surfing the internet. Rebooted it and now it blue screens on me every
>> time. I restart the computer and after putting my password in it shows
>> my desktop for about 4 seconds and blue screens. Here is what it says.
>> "This problem seems to be caused by file tdidis32.sys." I looked it up and
>> I guess it�s a Trojan.
>>
>> Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area..
>>
>> Stop: 0x00000050 (0x81000078, 0x00000000, 0xad49c3fb, 0x00000000.)
>>
>> Tdidis32.sys- address ad49c3f8, base at ad49b000, date stamp 4af69b2e.
>>
>> I can�t start my system in safe mode; it freezes every time I try.
>> What can I do to fix this issue long enough to backup all my info on
>> this hard drive. I am just stumped and don�t know what to do, I feel
>> like I have tried everything. I�m running a dell dimension 8400 with
>> 1.5 GB of RAM and Windows XP Home. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!
>
> Burn BitDefender, or another program listed at the link below, to a CD
> (using a working machine) and test the infected machine with it.
> BitDefender also has a Rootkit checker on the Linux Desktop; run it if
> you think that's the problem:
>
> http://www.techmixer.com/free-bootable-antivirus-rescue-cds-download-list/
>
> Download the executable rather than the .iso image, if one is
> available.. it prompts you to insert a CD and burns the file, no problem.
>
> Then run these:
>
> Malwarebytes� Corporation
> http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam/program/mbam-setup.exe
>
> SuperAntispyware
> http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html

If the above does not get you to a bootable system, then you may want
this depending on the value of the data. Buy a new hard drive pull the
old one out and set it aside. Then format and install XP and bring it up
to date. Then install any software this will get you a working system.
At this point you can install the bad drive and run AV and Spyware
scanners. Then copy the data you want off of it to the new drive. At
this point the old drive can be reformatted and then used as a spare
drive or a backup drive.

Danny,