From: nospam on
In article <MPG.25cf5eb7fa4a7afc98c220(a)news.supernews.com>, Alfred
Molon <alfred_molon(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> > right, all those gorgeous images with lots of detail and accurate
> > colours had me confused.
>
> The loss of resolution is the problem. But you already know this.

what loss? an 18 megapixel canon 7d has far more resolution than the
4.7 megapixel foveon could dream about. even the most diehard foveon
fans admit that.

even the 12 and 15 megapixel slrs blow away what foveon can do and
those cameras will probably be replaced with higher resolution sensors
within the next few months (pma is in february).

step up to a full frame slr and it's even worse. 21-24 megapixels,
versus 4.7 and the price of full frame keeps getting lower with every
generation.

maybe one day there will be a full colour sensor that is as good or
better than bayer, but as i said, it won't be very soon.
From: Alfred Molon on
We've discussed this matter to death already. Do a Google groups search
for all the details.
--

Alfred Molon
Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:
> nospam<nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:

<snip lots of good points>

>> it's a lot more expensive and it doesn't offer
>> much benefit.
>
> That's probably the problem.

Plus it would be huge with three APS sensors and perhaps even need
special lenses with a longer flange distance.

It seems they overcame the speed issue with video though that's pretty
much solved for bayer FF 35mm now.