Prev: USB keyboard
Next: .NET
From: jonz on
the time on my xp system changes it`s self every few days, started doing
it a couple of months ago.......ive just reset it (1:35pm est) the clock
was reading 5:17am....time zone is correct......any ideas??
--
jonz
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea - massive,
From: Rod Speed on
jonz wrote:

> the time on my xp system changes it`s self every few days, started
> doing it a couple of months ago.......ive just reset it (1:35pm est)
> the clock was reading 5:17am....time zone is correct......any ideas??

You sure it changed itself and that the problem isnt just that the time
stops when the system is turned off and starts incrementing again
once you turn the PC on again ?

If thats whats actually happening, just change the coin cell usually very visible on the motherboard.

From: jonz on
On 6/11/2010 3:55 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
> jonz wrote:
>
>> the time on my xp system changes it`s self every few days, started
>> doing it a couple of months ago.......ive just reset it (1:35pm est)
>> the clock was reading 5:17am....time zone is correct......any ideas??
>
> You sure it changed itself and that the problem isnt just that the time
> stops when the system is turned off and starts incrementing again
> once you turn the PC on again ?
>
> If thats whats actually happening, just change the coin cell usually very visible on the motherboard.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
thanks guys, it`s the original battery,and the system is over five
years old.........tempus fugit.....:(

--
jonz
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea - massive,
difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of mind
- boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it." - Gene
Spafford,1992

Pages: 1
Prev: USB keyboard
Next: .NET