From: L.A.T. on
Fairly old XP computer won't boot, the error message indicating that there
is no keyboard present, or the keyboard is faulty.
Plugging another (working) keyboard into the motherboard's PS2 port gives
the same message.
Is it likely that a USB keyboard would work, or is the problem much more
fundamental than that?

From: Gettamulla Tupya on
On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 19:57:19 GMT, "L.A.T." <tonyt92(a)bigpond.com> wrote:

> Fairly old XP computer won't boot, the error message indicating that there
> is no keyboard present, or the keyboard is faulty.
> Plugging another (working) keyboard into the motherboard's PS2 port gives
> the same message.
> Is it likely that a USB keyboard would work, or is the problem much more
> fundamental than that?

Sounds like a stuffed motherboard.

From: nomail on
wrote:

>Fairly old XP computer won't boot, the error message indicating that there
>is no keyboard present, or the keyboard is faulty.
>Plugging another (working) keyboard into the motherboard's PS2 port gives
>the same message.
>Is it likely that a USB keyboard would work, or is the problem much more
>fundamental than that?

Try a USB keyboard and see...
Borrow one or buy a cheapie.

Pete

From: Brad on

:
: > Fairly old XP computer won't boot, the error message indicating that
there
: > is no keyboard present, or the keyboard is faulty.
: > Plugging another (working) keyboard into the motherboard's PS2 port
gives
: > the same message.
: > Is it likely that a USB keyboard would work, or is the problem much more
: > fundamental than that?
: >
:
: Sounds like a stuffed motherboard.
:

There can be problems if the Bios in an older computer is not set to use a
USB keyboard. As I said older computers. Were you able to test the machine
with the USB before buying one it would be a bonus but if not a spare
keyboard won't break the bank.

--
Brad Leyden
6� 43.5816' S 146� 59.3097' E WGS84

From: L.A.T. on

Thank you all for your help.
I don't think this machine is worth spending much time on. I probably have
enough bits and pieces around the place to make up a better computer for
this kid. He is so excited at the thought of having his very own computer.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: TELSTRA CAUGHT IN THE ACT!
Next: time