From: Mark Walford on
On 11/06/2010 5:57 AM, L.A.T. wrote:
> Fairly old XP computer won't boot, the error message indicating that there
> is no keyboard present, or the keyboard is faulty.
> Plugging another (working) keyboard into the motherboard's PS2 port gives
> the same message.
> Is it likely that a USB keyboard would work, or is the problem much more
> fundamental than that?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815124061&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3641024&SID=skim769X53352

Solution in the form a $10 pci card that support ps2 keyboards.

Mark
From: L.A.T. on

"SG1" <lostitall(a)the.races> wrote in message

> "L.A.T." <tonyt92(a)bigpond.com> wrote in message

>>> Is that really 256KB??? Not 256MB??? Running Win 3.1????
>> oops
>> The K is close to the M, even on a PS2 keyboard.
>> That's my excuse and I am sticking to it.
>
> Age can be a factor, just ask SWMBO.

And finally.
The machine went back to its young owner.
He turned it on.
It went "poof".
Replaced the power supply.
There is no video, there is no nothing.
The motherboard is dead.
A very disappointed young chap has learned one of life's great lessons.
If I knew what that lesson was, I'd tell him.

From: Rod Speed on
Mark Walford wrote
> L.A.T. wrote

>> Fairly old XP computer won't boot, the error message indicating that there is no keyboard present, or the keyboard is
>> faulty.

>> Plugging another (working) keyboard into the motherboard's PS2 port gives the same message.

>> Is it likely that a USB keyboard would work, or is the problem much more fundamental than that?

> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815124061&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3641024&SID=skim769X53352

> Solution in the form a $10 pci card that support ps2 keyboards.

Wont help if the motherboard wont boot without a viable keyboard.

And if it will, he can use a USB keyboard.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: TELSTRA CAUGHT IN THE ACT!
Next: time