From: Larry Serflaten on

"Horst Heinrich Dittgens" <hhd71(a)sofort-mail.de> wrote
> Would like to adapt my shareware to these new touchpad handhelds (I hope I
> find one running Windows), but how can I develop for and simulate a touchpad
> device on a standard desktop PC in VB6? And, if possible, can this be done
> also under VISTA instead of Win7? Any hints appreciated. Thanks, HHD.

Free clue...

Look into a port to Silverlight.

LFS

From: Bee on
Make the buttons big enough for finger tips.

OK. But what is there about the touch screen that needs anything else?
I have a stylus screen laptop and it uses the keyboard and the stylus.
What is different about the touch screen?
I have an app that I may want to get working with touch.
Educate me.

From: Dee Earley on
On 27/04/2010 18:53, Horst Heinrich Dittgens wrote:
>> In VB6? very unlikely.
>> You either need to look to C (MFC I think) or .net to work on any of
>> the modern Windows mobile devices.
>
> Hmm, I thought that for a Windows based system I should only need
> something like a touchpad simulator driver. Even dot net libraries can
> be called by VB6 apps, I've read (but never tried).
>
> Am I wrong?

You said touchpad handhelds so assumed you meant developing for the
touchscreen smartphones (iphone, HTC, ericcson, nokia, etc) where what I
said applies.

Each SDK/environment comes with their own emulator for testing.
VS has one, as does Eclipse with Android both of which work on XP, Vista
and 7.
The iPhone stuff is tied to Macs.

If you are looking to write desktop apps, you will need to give more
information as to what you want to do, bearing in mind that most
versions of windows support standard touchscreens (they appear as mice)
and Win7 (at least) supports multitouch screens.

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

Please reply to the group.)
From: Dee Earley on
On 27/04/2010 19:45, Karl E. Peterson wrote:
> Dee Earley wrote:
>> On 27/04/2010 12:42, Horst Heinrich Dittgens wrote:
>>> Would like to adapt my shareware to these new touchpad handhelds (I hope
>>> I find one running Windows), but how can I develop for and simulate a
>>> touchpad device on a standard desktop PC in VB6? And, if possible, can
>>> this be done also under VISTA instead of Win7? Any hints appreciated.
>>> Thanks, HHD.
>>
>> In VB6? very unlikely.
>> You either need to look to C (MFC I think) or .net to work on any of
>> the modern Windows mobile devices.
>
> Oh puhleeze...

VB6 apps were supported on old WinCE devices and I thought they dropped
support years ago, but may be wrong.
If you can point me at a reference that says VB6 support for modern
Windows mobile devices works fine, I'll happily change what I said.

(This is not evangalism as I abhor all the bitching, I'm just giving an
answer to what I saw as the question)

From: Dee Earley on
On 28/04/2010 09:03, Dee Earley wrote:
> On 27/04/2010 19:45, Karl E. Peterson wrote:
>> Dee Earley wrote:
>>>
>>> In VB6? very unlikely.
>>> You either need to look to C (MFC I think) or .net to work on any of
>>> the modern Windows mobile devices.
>>
>> Oh puhleeze...
>
> VB6 apps were supported on old WinCE devices and I thought they dropped
> support years ago, but may be wrong.
> If you can point me at a reference that says VB6 support for modern
> Windows mobile devices works fine, I'll happily change what I said.
>
> (This is not evangalism as I abhor all the bitching, I'm just giving an
> answer to what I saw as the question)

(And yes, I agree that further discussion of either of the methods I
mentioned are OT in this group, but now they know where to look)