From: Thomas A. Rowe on
You need to contact MS Product Support.

If you feel your current issue is a results of installing
a Service Pack or security update, please contact
Microsoft Product Support Services:
http://support.microsoft.com
If the problem can be shown to have been caused by a
security update, then there is usually no charge for the call.

From: silverbob on
And pay MS $35 to explain to me why they're doing non-standard stuff. I
don't think so. Apparently, they don't know themselves. I've searched their
KB without results. And a google only finds other people (as far back as
1999) asking the same question I am. One would think that in 7 years, an
answer could be found.

- Bob

From: Thomas A. Rowe on
If it is not in the KB, then it hasn't be made an issue by users experience the problem and then
contacting MS Product Support for help.

This is a peer-to-peer newsgroup and not monitored by MS, so you will rarely will any see post by MS
Product Support personnel.