From: silverbob on
Why does Frontpage 2002 continually insert a tppabs attribute to my img src
tags? According to W3c and other references, this is not a valid attribute.
What's the purpose and how do I stop this from happening?
From: Tom [Pepper] Willett on
The tppabs tags are created and used by Teleport as part of its Link
Localization system. You can prevent the tags from being inserted by turning
OFF Link Localization on the Project Properties, Browsing/Mirroring page;
but then the links between files may not work correctly in the offline copy.

--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

From: silverbob on
I can't find this property sheet. I searched FP help for "link
localization", "project properties" and "mirroring", with no results.

Why is this not mentioned in any HTML reference source, i.e. W3C and others?

BTW, its not just with my img src tags, but hrefs as well.

- Bob

From: Tom [Pepper] Willett on
It's not part of FrontPage. It's something else you would have installed.
Start Googling.

From: silverbob on
I haven't installed Teleport or anything else I can think of that should
cause MS Frontpage to insert nonconforming attributes to my link tags. About
Googling for info, I have, and only find more people like me confused about
this issue.

Can anyone in this forum tell me why MS is doing this and how to disable it?

- Bob