From: John A. Sullivan III on
On Fri, 2010-08-13 at 11:08 -0700, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
> Paul Cartwright wrote:
> > I installed the trinity apps, per the email, tried to log in, and got hung. So
> > I renamed .kde3 .trinity, and lkderc files and tried to log in again. It said
> > it completed the initialization, then I got a empty blue screen.
>

> Just so you don't feel along, I have the same thing going on, I'm going
> to let it set for a day or two and see if the upgrades slow down and/or
> we get a fix.
<snip>
Yes, it looks like the repositories have not been fully rebuilt. I just
received the following from Tim:

"The archive/installation issues are known as they are currently being
rebuilt from SVN; I expect those problems to be resolved within the next
day or so as the new packages build.

Thanks for keeping me informed of the issues!"

John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-08-13 at 11:17 -0700, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
>> John A. Sullivan III wrote:
>>
>>> You might want to post on the Trinity mailing list or support site to
>>> see what the Trinity team has to say. Good luck and let us know how you
>>> fare - John
>>
>> I tried to get on the mailing list a few times and my email bounced,
>> also, I get 404 when I try to browse the mailing list archive, I emailed
>> Tim Pearson but got no reply. !?!
> <snip>
> It's possible that part of the system has not yet been recovered. When
> he finally resurfaced yesterday, I asked if he had received my emails
> and he replied that the company he paid to store them while he was down
> mystically lost them before he had restored his email server :-(
>
> I'll pass this along to him as we're still working pretty closely on the
> Kontact improvements. Thanks - John

If you feel the need you can reach me at my reply email address.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Ubuntu Lucid and Trinity KDE 3.5.11 - EXT4 at sda10
Registered Linux User #380263