From: Bill Marcum on
On 2010-05-02, albert kao <albertkao3(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> # mount -t auto /dev/sda8 /fedora
> mount: unknown filesystem type 'ext4'

Switch to a newer version of ubuntu or at least a newer kernel, or use
a fedora live CD to install their version of grub.

--
[It is] best to confuse only one issue at a time.
-- K&R
From: Nico Kadel-Garcia on
On May 9, 10:51 pm, Bill Marcum <marcumb...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On 2010-05-02, albert kao <albertk...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > #  mount -t auto /dev/sda8 /fedora
> > mount: unknown filesystem type 'ext4'
>
> Switch to a newer version of ubuntu or at least a newer kernel, or use
> a fedora live CD to install their version of grub.
>
> --
> [It is] best to confuse only one issue at a time.
>                 -- K&R

And, in general, virtualization with your favorite OS as the host and
your testing OS's as the guests seems to work well.
From: Leon Whyte on
Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> On May 9, 10:51 pm, Bill Marcum <marcumb...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
>> On 2010-05-02, albert kao <albertk...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> # mount -t auto /dev/sda8 /fedora
>>> mount: unknown filesystem type 'ext4'
>> Switch to a newer version of ubuntu or at least a newer kernel, or use
>> a fedora live CD to install their version of grub.
>>
>> --
>> [It is] best to confuse only one issue at a time.
>> -- K&R
>
> And, in general, virtualization with your favorite OS as the host and
> your testing OS's as the guests seems to work well.

I have intalled the boot loader "XOSL" thus I have 8 OSs bootable from XOSL

--
Leon
A computer without Microsoft is like a chocolate cake without mustard.