From: Spam on

On Fri, 8 Jan 2010, MZ wrote:

> Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 23:40:42 -0500
> From: MZ <mark(a)nospam.void>
> Newsgroups: comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc
> Subject: tv tuner card support?
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck with tv tuners in FreeBSD 8? I just
> bought a Hauppauge Win-TV at Best Buy and pciconf -lv gives me a "none"
> device. And this is after I recompiled the kernel to include the bktr stuff
> like the handbook recommends.
>
> Is there a better option? If so, is command line capture feasible? It seems
> like it would be with mencoder...

I *HATE* to say this on a 'BSD news group, but ... I sort of put a
temporary moritorium on trying to use FreeBSD for MythTV, and instead went
to Ubuntu ... as a path of least resistance ...

I put an HVR-1600 onto a mythbuntu 0.22 system, and it recognized both
tuners, no problem. This is an Ubuntu 9.10 release, with mythtv 0.22, and
the latest drivers. There is a problem between the NVIDIA drivers and the
CX18xxx driver, but there are workarounds for those ...

Oh, and I put an Asus O!play PRx media player next to my TV, and it
recognizes the mythbuntu box in the basement via UpNp (hooked up to cable
on the analogue, and an ATSC antenna array on the digital side) ...

Works well ...

You should be able to use the mythfrontend on FreeBSD, and have it talk to
the video server ...

Cheers,
Rob Sciuk

Pages: 1