From: Antti on
Todd Fleming schrieb:
> Antti,
>
> Is there somewhere I can download the source for this? I'd like to
> modify it to drop its xil dependancy:
>
> /cygdrive/f/hw/mbgcc/bin/../lib/gcc/microblaze/3.4.1/../../../../microblaze/bin/ld:
> cannot find -lxil
>
> Thanks,
> Todd

Hi Todd,

try adding
-nostartfiles
to command line options, also look at XAPP482
the -lxil is the default xilinx runtime library what is created at EDK
system build time so the content of it depends on the system drivers
and options, those there is no source code of it. look at the lib srces
of any EDK project, there are the sources the libxil is made of. I
think most of those sources are also GPL (the are also part of uclinux
as example) so it is possible to have a 3rd party libxil I think by
using the GPL drivers and adding some small portion of runtime init
code

the binary mb-gcc that I made available is just 1:1 compile result of
the GPL licensed GNU GCC code from Xilinx website (EDK 8.2 release) -
that source code is available from Xilinx. You can recompile it
yourself or study the source code if you wish. The Xilinx source
compiles 'out of box' on WinXP/Cygwin - only change I had todo was the
default path to tcsh

one hint though, if you let cygwin to update your cygwin install it
renders EDK non functional. so after compiling mb-gcc goto cygwin/bin
and delete or rename make.exe

next start of XPS will copy make exe from EDK tree back into Cygwin bin
and everything will work again. there is an Xilinx AR about the make
incompatibility (eg the explanation why EDK doesnt work with latest
cygwin make)

Antti