From: XPSP3uninstall on
I am using XP pro. I got some problems with linksys device, so linksys
suggested to unistall SP3. Sounds stupid, but I'd give a try.

How (if it's possible) do you unistall SP3?
If I unistall SP3, will SP2 be still active?
If I unistall SP3, will IE8 still work?

Thanks
From: Pavel A. on
Yes, uninstalling SP3 sounds stupid. Rather, get rid of the linksys device.
What's the problem with it ?

--pa

From: Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] on
XPSP3uninstall <XPSP3uninstall(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I am using XP pro. I got some problems with linksys device, so linksys
> suggested to unistall SP3. Sounds stupid, but I'd give a try.
>
> How (if it's possible) do you unistall SP3?
> If I unistall SP3, will SP2 be still active?
> If I unistall SP3, will IE8 still work?
>
> Thanks

I would have a problem with a vendor telling me to do this. That is not the
right answer - sounds like they just wanted to shift responsibility off
themselves.

What problems are you having with your device? If you post them here perhaps
someone can help.

From: smlunatick on
On Sep 9, 2:40 pm, XPSP3uninstall
<XPSP3uninst...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I am using XP pro. I got some problems with linksys device, so linksys
> suggested to unistall SP3. Sounds stupid, but I'd give a try.
>
> How (if it's possible) do you unistall SP3?
> If I unistall SP3, will SP2 be still active?
> If I unistall SP3, will IE8 still work?
>
> Thanks

When you uninstall SP3, SP2 should still be "installed" if it was
installed before you installed SP3.

If you installed IE 8 after installing SP3, I would uninstall it
before, just to be on the "safe" side.

As for Linksys stating that they do not support SP3, that just full of
"crock!!!"

What Linksys device do you have problems with?

Head over to the Linksys Community forums:

http://forums.linksysbycisco.com/linksys/board?board.id=Wireless_Adapters:

From: XPSP3uninstall on
Thank you all for your quick responses. I am not sure if it's related to SP3,
but here is the story:
My dell inspiron 2500 with XP PRO/SP3 had WPC11 wireless adapter connected
to my network and worked fine with SP3
When I moved, I need to connect to a different network (wrt160N router).
Folowing an advice from linksys support Haven (with Chinese accent), I bought
wpc54gx adapter, which did not work. Then I heard another voice, this time
from Far East, claiming that linksys does not have drivers for SP3. This was
of my surprise, b/c SP3 is more than a year as around, but the answer was
firm - NO, just get rid of SP3. Desperate, I posted here, but now I
understand, thank all of you, that I would not even try to uninstall sp3.
Rather would buy a non-linksys adapter