From: Marty on
Does this mean that we cannot pay bills through Quicken? If that is the
what it means then I will bank elseware! I called up Citi and they do
support Quicken DirectConnect as well as have competive online savings
rate (5% vs HSBC 5.05%).

Marty

From: John Pollard on
"Marty" <martin.burger(a)pobox.com> wrote
> Does this mean that we cannot pay bills through Quicken?

Pure Web Connect downloads can not be used to pay bills using
the fi's bill pay via Quicken. Pure Web Connect has no "upload"
capability to send your payment instructions.

--
John Pollard
First initial underscore Last name at mchsi dot com

From: pjhartman@gmail.com on

John Pollard wrote:
> So it is certainly
> possible that some fi's are dropping their capabilities to the
> absolutely cheapest one possible.

That's fine; I really don't care how my FI handles the download
capabilities, as long as the downloads work.

Fortunately, I'm not caught by the HSBC change. But, if I were, and if
HSBC is making the change due to the existence of EWC within Quicken
2007, I'd hope that they at least verified that EWC is working (and
it's not) before making the switch.

From: Q_Lover on
Marty said

> Does this mean that we cannot pay bills through Quicken? If that is
> the what it means then I will bank elseware! I called up Citi and
> they do support Quicken DirectConnect as well as have competive
> online savings rate (5% vs HSBC 5.05%).
>
> Marty

Did they give you a link to their website that put's it in writing? I
looked at it an they only discuss WebConnect? Maybe I've missed it?

(I've been told from other fi's that they suppory DirectConnect - only to
find our later that they really didn't)
From: Q_Lover on
gklatv said

> Just got an email from HSBC - after December 10, 2006 there is not
> going to be DirectConnect any longer, only WebConnect. It's a step
> backward, in my view.

This is HSBC's answer to my query about them dropping DirectConnect:

"Thank you for your recent e-mail to HSBC's Internet Banking
unit.

This DirectConnect functionality for Quicken is no longer
available following a recent government mandate requiring a
higher level of authentication for online banking users. All
financial institutions are required to have the third level of
security by December 2006.

Personal Financial Software is not able to connect to
systems that have a 2 page login. To update your accounts
in Money, you can download a file from our website to
your computer and then import this file into Money. You
can download a file from this option under the 'View
Accounts' menu on the left.

For more information of when Quicken will accommodate
the new log in process, please contact Intuit for additional
assistance. We apologize for any inconvenience this may
cause."

Is this true? They seem to imply DirectConnect's death is coming soon.
Or perhaps they are implementing the govermenments "higher level of
authentication" in a manner which excludes DirectConnect.

Bummer. WebConnect is not the end of the world; it is a step backwards
IMHO.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Unable to Print