From: Wm Stewart on
On 1/27/2010 6:38 PM, NoOp wrote:
> On 01/27/2010 05:02 AM, Wm Stewart wrote:
>>
>> The best way to put OO on the net without having to change a line of code
>> is to project the entire interface with a thin-client like FreeNX. NX
>> compression is so efficient that you can "lengthen the monitor cord" across
>> the world over the Internet now.
>>
>> Full disclosure: I started http://Eseri.com/ to do this. We bundle a
>> complete FOSS organization on Ubuntu desktops and make it available over
>> the net. The idea is to get a full FOSS solution out there to non FOSS
>> people that would use it if it were made incredibly easy and complete.
>
> Now that's just... cool! :-)
>
> Hard to imagine that you've been doing this for nearly 4 years now&
> this is the first I've heard of Eseri. I use NoMachine's NX daily& can
> vouch for the 'NX client/server.

We just launched. There is a larger game plan here. I was lucky enough to
get http://FreeOpenSourceSoftware.org and have donated it to the community
as a Wiki. FOSS is better than the offerings of Microsoft and GoogleDocs
and the rest. We want to help get it out there as an integrated, full
organization solution, to help drive usage by the non-FOSS world, with the
goal of eventually making it the global standard.

> However, I think that if you read the thread, Wunna Ko was/is looking
> for something similar to an rsysnc-type application whereby OOo users
> needn't download the full OOo package for each "update". Instead,
> provide some form of an rsync utility that can be used to only download
> & update the changed files between version x and version y.

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org