From: mp on
ok, abandoned that one
tried the other one and it looks more hopefull
it extracted a large number of interop dlls
installation instructions in Readme.htm say to use vis studio tools| vis stu
..net command prompt
i don't have vis stu, just express
am i hosed?
is .net command prompt different from regular windows command prompt?

thanks
mark

From: Sergey Poberezovskiy on
mp,

search for gacutil file on your PC, then update the path to this utility and
run register.bat from the extracted folder

From: mp on
I was thinking to maybe just install the excel interop (3 or 4 files) rather
than register.bat which installs all as far as i could tell from the readme.

"Sergey Poberezovskiy" <SergeyPoberezovskiy(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:394857C1-C70F-4B0E-8D93-3E6790405D7B(a)microsoft.com...

From: mp on
hmmm, thought I replied the other day but i don't see it.
I was thinking of just installing the ones for excel, rather than all of
them, which i think the register bat is for.
need to study the install instructions some more, but it looks like you're
saying i can run gacutil just from a regular command window?

"Sergey Poberezovskiy" <SergeyPoberezovskiy(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:394857C1-C70F-4B0E-8D93-3E6790405D7B(a)microsoft.com...
> mp,
>
> search for gacutil file on your PC,

then update the path to this utility

do you mean change the environment Path to include that folder?
i think so

> run register.bat from the extracted folder

so then i cd to the extracted folder and since i added the gacutil path to
env i can run from this folder
i think i get it

snip

From: mp on
ok, i'm not much of a dos guy so not sure what i did wrong
I went into command prompt to add the path to gacutil to the path env var.
at command prompt i entered
Path %Path% C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\bin
according to the help that should have appended the 'PathToGacUtil' to the
existing path
at the time it returned the whole list with it appended, but the next time i
ran Path, it wasn't there at the end of the list
???
when i cd to the extracted folder and enter
gacutil -i Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.dll
i get gacutil not recognized...etc
then i check Path and the folder(to gacutil) is not there anymore

"Sergey Poberezovskiy" <SergeyPoberezovskiy(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:394857C1-C70F-4B0E-8D93-3E6790405D7B(a)microsoft.com...
> mp,
>
> search for gacutil file on your PC, then update the path to this utility
> and
> run register.bat from the extracted folder

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Move controls in dialog area
Next: The SetACL problem