From: mp on
situation:
I'm working on a new app in vbexpress 2008 using acad com interop
Also need to write extracted data to excel.

problem:
At home(laptop) i have excel 10. At the office excel 12.
(both seem to have excel5 listed in refs.)

I need to work at both locations.
can i reference both 10 and 12 in the same vbproj (i think not)

can i just reference 5 and is that just an older version with common (but
not the latest) interface?

i guess i can just have 2 vbproj files (one on laptop one at work) and just
copy the .vb class files that are being edited back and forth, not copy the
vbproj file back and forth?

I think the dotnet project is dynamic(using actual disk copy of files when
opened) - as opposed to vba which copies the disk file contents into the dvb
and then the disk files are not updated when the modules in the dvb are
edited unless you do a manual export? so i think just updating the .vb files
should work fine?

any tips?
thanks
mark

From: Sergey Poberezovskiy on
You should use XP PIAs:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328912

and reference them from your project - this way your application will run
just fine on any PC that has XP or later Office

Hope this helps

From: mp on
Thank you! I wasn't aware of those.
I see two options oxppia.exe
and
PrimaryInteropAssembly.exe
description sounds similar except one says redistributable and appears to
have installation instructions.
Do you know the difference? how to decide which to use?
mark

"Sergey Poberezovskiy" <SergeyPoberezovskiy(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:67D698CB-E5BF-45F0-95BF-75BA7D12346D(a)microsoft.com...

From: mp on
I will try the PrimaryInteropAssembly.exe
Is there a best use practice for where to install them? Windows\System32 ?
I presume if they are compiled into a net dll they don't need installed on
user machines, just the developer machine?

From: mp on
Tried to install o2007pia.msi (double clicked)
i get the following error dialog:

Error 1316. Setup cannot read from the file (path to msi)\PiaRedist.msi.
Check your connection to the network, or Cd-rom drive. For other potential
solutions to this problem, see Setup.chm

there is no Setup.chm or PiaRedist.msi in the downloaded exe

anyone know about this one?
thnaks
mark

Pages: 1 2 3