From: Andrew Morton on
mp wrote:
> ok, i'm not much of a dos guy so not sure what i did wrong
> I went into command prompt to add the path to gacutil to the path env
> var. at command prompt i entered
> Path %Path% C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\bin
> according to the help that should have appended the 'PathToGacUtil'
> to the existing path
> at the time it returned the whole list with it appended, but the next
> time i ran Path, it wasn't there at the end of the list

You need a semi-colon in there for the path separator and quotes around the
path because it has spaces in it:

Path %Path%;"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\bin"

--
Andrew

From: mp on

"Andrew Morton" <akm(a)in-press.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
> mp wrote:
>> ok, i'm not much of a dos guy so not sure what i did wrong
>> I went into command prompt to add the path to gacutil to the path env
>> var. at command prompt i entered
>> Path %Path% C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\bin
>> according to the help that should have appended the 'PathToGacUtil'
>> to the existing path
>> at the time it returned the whole list with it appended, but the next
>> time i ran Path, it wasn't there at the end of the list
>
> You need a semi-colon in there for the path separator and quotes around
> the path because it has spaces in it:
>
> Path %Path%;"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\bin"
>
> --
> Andrew

Thanks, I figured out the semicolon part when i noticed my path is now
screwed up.(missing ";" )
I'm looking for a windows way to change path so i don't have to retype whole
thing at command prompt but haven't found one (i'm afraid i'll do typo and
make it even worse)

I saw a reference to doing it through control panel but that doesn't return
the same path as the Path variable does - not even close - so dont' know
where that advice came from (on wiki i think)

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Move controls in dialog area
Next: The SetACL problem