From: Indi on
On 2010-07-26, Grant Edwards <invalid(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
> On 2010-07-26, Indi <indi(a)satcidananda.16x108.merseine.nu> wrote:
>> On 2010-07-26, Grant Edwards <invalid(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>
>> It's rare that there is info I need in an email which I didn't already
>> copy to somewhere more instantly accessible, but it happens on
>> occasion.
>>
>> Of course, using mutt for gmail doesn't lock you out of using the
>> browser to search for something occasionally. I've done it maybe
>> three times so far this year. Hardly enough to put up with the
>> webmail interface all the time...
>
> I didn't mean to to imply that one would use the web interface all the
> time because of the search facility -- I only use it when I want to do
> a search.

Been meaning to set up mairix for searching within mutt, maybe I'll do
that later today when things slow down a bit. Then hopefully the only
reason I'll ever have to use gmail in the browser will be to change
settings.

--
Caveat utilitor,
indi

From: Grant Edwards on
On 2010-07-26, Indi <indi(a)satcidananda.16x108.merseine.nu> wrote:
> On 2010-07-26, Grant Edwards <invalid(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
>> On 2010-07-26, Indi <indi(a)satcidananda.16x108.merseine.nu> wrote:
>>> On 2010-07-26, Grant Edwards <invalid(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>>
>>> It's rare that there is info I need in an email which I didn't already
>>> copy to somewhere more instantly accessible, but it happens on
>>> occasion.
>>>
>>> Of course, using mutt for gmail doesn't lock you out of using the
>>> browser to search for something occasionally. I've done it maybe
>>> three times so far this year. Hardly enough to put up with the
>>> webmail interface all the time...
>>
>> I didn't mean to to imply that one would use the web interface all the
>> time because of the search facility -- I only use it when I want to do
>> a search.
>>

> Been meaning to set up mairix for searching within mutt, maybe I'll do
> that later today when things slow down a bit. Then hopefully the only
> reason I'll ever have to use gmail in the browser will be to change
> settings.

I've been keeping an eye on the google command-line projet
http://code.google.com/p/googlecl/, but it doesn't seem to interface
to the mail server yet.

--
Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Is a tattoo real, like
at a curb or a battleship?
From: Indi on
On 2010-07-26, Grant Edwards <invalid(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
> On 2010-07-26, Indi <indi(a)satcidananda.16x108.merseine.nu> wrote:

>>> I didn't mean to to imply that one would use the web interface all the
>>> time because of the search facility -- I only use it when I want to do
>>> a search.
>>>

>> Been meaning to set up mairix for searching within mutt, maybe I'll do
>> that later today when things slow down a bit. Then hopefully the only
>> reason I'll ever have to use gmail in the browser will be to change
>> settings.
>
> I've been keeping an eye on the google command-line projet
> http://code.google.com/p/googlecl/, but it doesn't seem to interface
> to the mail server yet.

Thanks for the link, I'd heard of that but had no idea there was a
FreeBSD port too.
Well, now I have two ports to build later today.

--
Caveat utilitor,
indi

From: Erwan David on
Indi <indi(a)satcidananda.16x108.merseine.nu> disait le 07/26/10 que :

> On 2010-07-26, Grant Edwards <invalid(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
>> On 2010-07-26, Indi <indi(a)satcidananda.16x108.merseine.nu> wrote:
>>> On 2010-07-26, Grant Edwards <invalid(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>>
>>> It's rare that there is info I need in an email which I didn't already
>>> copy to somewhere more instantly accessible, but it happens on
>>> occasion.
>>>
>>> Of course, using mutt for gmail doesn't lock you out of using the
>>> browser to search for something occasionally. I've done it maybe
>>> three times so far this year. Hardly enough to put up with the
>>> webmail interface all the time...
>>
>> I didn't mean to to imply that one would use the web interface all the
>> time because of the search facility -- I only use it when I want to do
>> a search.
>>

> Been meaning to set up mairix for searching within mutt, maybe I'll do
> that later today when things slow down a bit. Then hopefully the only
> reason I'll ever have to use gmail in the browser will be to change
> settings.

mairix lacks many features, especially no support for different
encodings, which means that if I make my request in UTF-8 and I received
the email in iso-8859-1, it won't be found.

Mairix also always complains about mime part or headers it does not
understand, and it does not understand many of them.

--
Le travail n'est pas une bonne chose. Si �a l'�tait,
les riches l'auraient accapar�
From: Indi on
On 2010-07-26, Erwan David <erwan(a)rail.eu.org> wrote:
> Indi <indi(a)satcidananda.16x108.merseine.nu> disait le 07/26/10 que :

>>> I didn't mean to to imply that one would use the web interface all the
>>> time because of the search facility -- I only use it when I want to do
>>> a search.
>>>

>> Been meaning to set up mairix for searching within mutt, maybe I'll do
>> that later today when things slow down a bit. Then hopefully the only
>> reason I'll ever have to use gmail in the browser will be to change
>> settings.
>
> mairix lacks many features, especially no support for different
> encodings, which means that if I make my request in UTF-8 and I received
> the email in iso-8859-1, it won't be found.
>
> Mairix also always complains about mime part or headers it does not
> understand, and it does not understand many of them.

Thanks for the tip.

--
Caveat utilitor,
indi