From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or
newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.

cf. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080813171803AAs4wh8

smiles_ny wrote:
> ...we dont
> know if that file will effect Windows functionality PA Bear,,we had just
> found it ,it was dated like it had been there one week ,wanted to know
> what it is and if it could hurt windows Function is why we came here to
> ask the question...hopefully it wasnt a virus or something that shouldnt
> have been there,,was hoping you would know.So far ,as much as we have used
> that computer its seemed ok ,but I came here to ask the experts.

<edit>

From: smiles_ny on
sorry PA Bear,,,its windows XP

From: smiles_ny on
yes i do realize,i didnt know if maybe its possible that that was put there
because of a windows update i did,thats why i asked. Why did you write that
below Michael ? I wouldnt pick a fight with anyone ever.

From: Michael on
Did you notice the file after a specific Windows Update. If so, which one.
If not, your post has nothing to do with Windows Update. Have you googled
"watch.wtc" to see if anything turned up? I have. This is the most common
answer:

"This file type is a standard encrypted Watertec database and can be
accessed and read only by the import/export facility within Watertec.
Watertec is a software program utilized only by large companies,
organizations, groups and councils. The Watertec software and database is
not available to the general public."

What you read below this is called a signature.

From: smiles_ny on
thank you michael for responding,,my husband and i appreciate everyones help
here .