From: chance on
When you play an audio file, how do you know what kind of media player,
windows media player or real player among others, is now playing the file?
I've a lot of kinds of players installed in my pc.
From: Andrew on
Am 30.07.2010 14:48, schrieb chance:
> When you play an audio file, how do you know what kind of media player,
> windows media player or real player among others, is now playing the file?
> I've a lot of kinds of players installed in my pc.

usually the player pops up when playing a file

Andrew
From: chance on

"Andrew" <vnc_service(a)t-online.de> wrote in message news:i2ul45$epo$00$1(a)news.t-online.com...
> Am 30.07.2010 14:48, schrieb chance:
>> When you play an audio file, how do you know what kind of media player,
>> windows media player or real player among others, is now playing the file?
>> I've a lot of kinds of players installed in my pc.
>
> usually the player pops up when playing a file

Yes. You are right.

But I haven't seen any player pop up, when I listen to NPR, for one.
This is one of the cases I was referring to.

From: Andrew on
Am 30.07.2010 17:28, schrieb chance:

> "Andrew"<vnc_service(a)t-online.de> wrote in message news:i2ul45$epo$00$1(a)news.t-online.com...
>> Am 30.07.2010 14:48, schrieb chance:
>>> When you play an audio file, how do you know what kind of media player,
>>> windows media player or real player among others, is now playing the file?
>>> I've a lot of kinds of players installed in my pc.
>>
>> usually the player pops up when playing a file
>
> Yes. You are right.
>
> But I haven't seen any player pop up, when I listen to NPR, for one.
> This is one of the cases I was referring to.

I guess you mean http://www.npr.org

I tried this (http://www.npr.org/music/) and a 2nd firefox window opens.
When you do a right-click in that window you will see that (most likely)
it is played by the ADOBE FlashPlayer :)

Andrew

From: chance on

"Andrew" <vnc_service(a)t-online.de> wrote in message news:i2v505$fdd$00$1(a)news.t-online.com...
> Am 30.07.2010 17:28, schrieb chance:

>>> usually the player pops up when playing a file
>>
>> Yes. You are right.
>>
>> But I haven't seen any player pop up, when I listen to NPR, for one.
>> This is one of the cases I was referring to.
>>

> I guess you mean http://www.npr.org
>
> I tried this (http://www.npr.org/music/) and a 2nd firefox window opens.
> When you do a right-click in that window you will see that (most likely)
> it is played by the ADOBE FlashPlayer :)

What if the browser is Windows Internet Explorer, which is my case?
I have no window to right-click on appearing, even when I opened
the window whose link you have indicated. Bear with me, the dumb boy.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: damned problem
Next: config news groups server