From: David Ching on
"Mihai N." <nmihai_year_2000(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> You get a modal dialog with a listbox if you click on whatever control is
>> rightmost in the edit box (either "..." button or drop down arrow, then
>> select <Edit>), I forget right now.
>
> Not in VS 6.
> See, VS 2005/2008 are better than VS 6 ;-)

I simply did not believe you, but I tried it and you are right! I can't
believe we once put up with that nonsense in VS 6. (Although in fairness
most people stayed with VS 6, skipping VS 2002/2003 and moved to VS 2005, so
I'm not sure if VS 2002/2003 had fixed this either.)

-- David

From: Hector Santos on
Mihai N. wrote:

>> You get a modal dialog with a listbox if you click on whatever control is
>> rightmost in the edit box (either "..." button or drop down arrow, then
>> select <Edit>), I forget right now.
>
> Not in VS 6.
> See, VS 2005/2008 are better than VS 6 ;-)

Thats a matter of opinion :) The main big thing I like about VS2005
is that it fixes the IDE Debugger. TRACE deadlocks don't occur, and
its better syntax checker, and it has a better heap manager show
potential buffer overflows and corruptions, and, and, and... :)

--
HLS
From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
That is a feature added later, I think VS2008; VS6 is horrible in this regard.
joe

On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 07:14:59 -0700, "David Ching" <dc(a)remove-this.dcsoft.com> wrote:

>"Joseph M. Newcomer" <newcomer(a)flounder.com> wrote in message
>> There is NO rational explanation as to why these are done as punctuated
>> lists
>> instead of as ListBox sequences where you can add elements to the lists
>
>You get a modal dialog with a listbox if you click on whatever control is
>rightmost in the edit box (either "..." button or drop down arrow, then
>select <Edit>), I forget right now.
>
>As such, the edit box is a simple summary view. Which, by the way, is also
>editable for additional functionality. This works well unless the user is
>too impatient to self-discover the richness of such a design.
>
>-- David

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
From: RB on
Thanks Mihai, that was nice of you. A picture is better than words.
I see both yours and Joe's suggestions implemented in this link.
Question answered, Thank you.