From: ducati1 on
Ok so here is a simple problem but it has me beat.
I made a html page with a flash header here.
http://www.wvhgc.org/memberslogin.html
I then added an authenticate user server behaviour to the form and chose asp
as the extension.
http://www.wvhgc.org/memberslogin.asp
So if you look at the above page you will see the error message that has me
beet.
So I look at the error line and it's pointing to the flash movie which was
already in the html page.
So I remove the movie and the page previews fine see here >
http://www.wvhgc.org/memberslogin2.asp
But I don't want to do this, what is going wrong????

From: bregent on
The problem is someone in the asp code, which obviously, we can't see. Can you
rename the problem page to memberslogin.txt? Be sure to remove any confidential
info like connections strings, pwds, etc, before doing this.

From: ducati1 on
Thanks for replying.
Here it is.
http://www.wvhgc.org/Memberslogin.txt

Also the same problem happens when I add any server behaviours to any of the
html pages that have the flash movie.
If I remove the flash movie the asp pages work as do the server behaviours.

From: TC2112 on
Hello,

It's the IE Conditional nested <object> tag that IIS ASP chokes on. (I used
**** to mark it here)

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,24"
width="891" height="500">
<param name="movie" value="flash/header_v8.swf?button=0" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<param name="menu" value="false" />
<!--[if !IE]> <-->
*******************<object data="flash/header_v8.swf?button=0"
width="891" height="500" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<param name="menu" value="false" />
<param name="pluginurl"
value="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
FAIL (the browser should render some flash content, not this).
</object>*********************
<!--> <![endif]-->
</object>

Since the flash is client side, you could do this:

<<%Response.write ("object")%>
classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,24"
width="891" height="500">
<param name="movie" value="flash/header_v8.swf?button=0" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<param name="menu" value="false" />
<!--[if !IE]> <-->
<object data="flash/header_v8.swf?button=0"
width="891" height="500" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<param name="menu" value="false" />
<param name="pluginurl"
value="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
FAIL (the browser should render some flash content, not this).
</object>
<!--> <![endif]-->
</object>

OR, here's another workaround for this issue:

http://seanys.com/2007/09/10/asp-flash-nested-objects/

Take care,
Tim

From: ducati1 on
Thanks Tim.
Thats works.
You are an absolute LEGEND ! You have saved me.
Hope I can return the favour one day.
Will.