From: Peter Foldes on
Jonathan

Hope you are not trying to upgrade Windows XP to Windows 7 by using the Windows 7
install disk. Since you posted to a Windows XP newsgroup and as you describing your
issue it sure sounds like that. You CANNOT upgrade an existing Windows XP install
with a Windows 7 disk. It must be a clean reformat and by that I mean that you have
to get rid of your XP on your computer completely on your hard drive must be clean
before you can install Windows 7

--
Peter

From: EW on

"Peter Foldes" <okf22(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Jonathan
>
> Hope you are not trying to upgrade Windows XP to Windows 7 by using the
> Windows 7 install disk. Since you posted to a Windows XP newsgroup and as
> you describing your issue it sure sounds like that. You CANNOT upgrade an
> existing Windows XP install with a Windows 7 disk. It must be a clean
> reformat and by that I mean that you have to get rid of your XP on your
> computer completely on your hard drive must be clean before you can
> install Windows 7

Seems like the installation would inform the user of that!

EW

From: Peter Foldes on
EW

Not necessarily. If the OP is using a Retail version of Windows 7 and trying to
Upgrade XP by putting in the Win 7 Retail install CD then it would do exactly as the
OP posted.
We have tried this when we worked the Beta

--
Peter