From: TimParker on
We are in the process of upgrading several machines to new hardware
and 2008R2 (Exchange, RD and DCs - all seperate machines). The "issue"
I am running into, I set up the RD server yesterday and it appears to
be working well, so I started to configure and investigate the
RemoteApp option as we think we can use this in our environment.

Couple things, I created an .RDP file and put it into a share that can
be viewed on the network. I can see the file from other machines
(testing) and when I click it couple concerns.

The first time, it seems to be slow, if I close and re-open the app it
is much faster. I realize that it has to set up the connection and
all, but seems odd still. If it is closed, it should have to do the
same thing the second time...its not minutes, but it is noticable.

Second thing, it prompts that the publisher is UNKNOWN. I am guessing
I need to create/use a certificate for it? Since it was made
internally on our LAN. I didn't think it would matter. Also it then
prompts the user to sign in. If they are a valid domain user should it
still prompt them? Or am I looking at ths wrong and it would be just
like signing into a full remote desktop session.

Thanks in Advance. Still going through my step by step doc I printed
from MS, but didn't see anything about this when skimming ahead....

Tim
From: Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS] on
Hello TimParker,

I suggest to use the Window server 2008 R2 remote desktop services forum
instead this newsgroup:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/windowsserver2008r2rds/threads

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

From: TimParker on
Thank you, didn't search to see if there was a specific one. My
mistake. Should have done that.

Tim