From: u know <u on
My computer froze, and I went through alot of different options(system
restore safe mode, dir.at command prompt and windows system repair)and ended
up with the same problem. I re-installed windows but could not find my
picture file. It's really impotant to me as I have all of my bussiness home
renovations pictures there.I tried file wizard, but still nothing. help
thanks Dave
From: DL on
Difficult to know as we dont know what the folder name or any of the files
were
If you know the name of any of the files, or file suffix eg .jpg , do a
search

If you did a repair installation of win your data should be intact
Next time think about 'backup'

From: u know <u on
My Windows XP disk would not let me do repair installation so I reinstalled
it. The pictures are in "My Picture File" and Ithink that they all are jpeg
from my digital camera.

From: DL on
By reinstall do you mean format / install, if so the data is likely lost
You have searched?

From: u know <u on
No. I did not do a format, I just reinstalled from my cd. It gave me the
option to do a repair but it would not work. When I clicked on repair nothing
happend, but it let me do the reinstall option.After installing it ask if I
wanted to do Files and Transfer Wizard, in which I did. It brought me back
some music files. I tried to reinstall Nortons Virus but says I need to
remove the old files, from add and remove. I can't even find the old files.I
installed a old version of McAfee(2002) and did a virus check and I could
see all of my old files in the checking bar, including Nortons and my picture
files. I hope this could be a little more help. Thanks Dave

"DL" wrote:

> By reinstall do you mean format / install, if so the data is likely lost
> You have searched?
>
> "u know" <u know(a)contact.com> wrote in message
> > My Windows XP disk would not let me do repair installation so I
> reinstalled
> > it. The pictures are in "My Picture File" and Ithink that they all are
> jpeg
> > from my digital camera.
> >
> > "DL" wrote:
> >
> > > Difficult to know as we dont know what the folder name or any of the
> files
> > > were
> > > If you know the name of any of the files, or file suffix eg .jpg , do a
> > > search
> > >
> > > If you did a repair installation of win your data should be intact
> > > Next time think about 'backup'
> > >
> > > "u know" <u know(a)contact.com> wrote in message
> options(system
> > > ended
> > > home
> help