From: Tina Harrison on
Hi all

I have a worksheet like below, It might be easy for some but i'm a bit rusty.

F8 F9 F10
Net VAT Total

What i need is a function that will allow me to enter a amount in either Net
or Total and it would work out Vat and either Net or Total depending where i
have put the amount. Hope this makes sense!

Many thanks

Tina

From: Toppers on
=IF($F$10="",rond(F8*vat,2),round(($F$10/(1+vat)*vat),2))

Vat is named range containing VAT%

From: Peo Sjoblom on
You can't have a function in a cell then enter something in that same cell

So if you create a 4th and 5th column

to get the Net if you enter something in the total use

=F10/(1+17.5%)

to get the VAT

=F10-(F10/(1+17.5%))

If you put in the Net in F8

then use

=F8*17.5%

to get the VAT

and

=F8*(1+17.5%)

to get the total

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

From: Tina Harrison on
Thank you

do you mean where you wrote vat you input 17.5% ?
Sorry if this is simple but i am very very rusty!!

Many thanks

Tina

From: Toppers on
You can replace with 17.5% or better still with a cell containing the VAT
value.

=IF($F$10="",round(F8*X1,2),round(($F$10/(1+X1)*X1),2))

X1 contains your VAT %.