From: Ron Martell on
"Pam" <pam_staley-remove-this(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>I ran the page utility thing and it says:
>
>Pagefile Physical Location: C:\pagefile.sys
>Current Pagefile Usage: 30 MB
>Session Peak Usage: 31 MB
>Current Pagefile Size: 768 MB
>

>what do you think?

There is only 31 mb of active memory content in the pagefile. That is
not enough to indicate that you would likely get a subtantial
performance boost by adding more RAM. But check it periodically,
especially when you have a normal "full set" of applications open. If
it gets up to 100 mb or even close to it then you might want to
consider more RAM.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP (1997 - 2006)
On-Line Help Computer Service

has never been in bed with a mosquito."
From: Ron Martell on
"Pam" <pam_staley-remove-this(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>just had anohter blue screen death - was listening to live video via
>webcast - no problems ... a nd all of the sudden crash - error was:
>
>0x0000008E (ox80000004, ox8056a13c, oxf8925c8c, ox00000000)
>
>have been googling to find out what it could be - but no luck so far - any
>help?

You posted this same error message under another subject. See my
reply there.

From: Pam on
I did? I've looked - I can't find the answer - was it in this thread? I've
looked ... pls tell me where or copy/paste your answer to this thread if you
have time - thanks

Pam

From: Ron Martell on
"Pam" <pam_staley-remove-this(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>I did? I've looked - I can't find the answer - was it in this thread? I've
>looked ... pls tell me where or copy/paste your answer to this thread if you
>have time - thanks

****
Here it is.

>I've had 2 blue screen deaths - the first I don't remember what I was
>doing - and I got this error:
>
>STOP ox0000008E, ox80000004, 0x8056A13C, oxF2452c82, ox00000000
>
>and the other one was when I had nothing running except ZA and AVG in the
>background - and I tried to run the Norton online virus scanner
>
>then it said
>
>STOP ox0000008E, ox80000004, 0x8056A13C, oxf4015c8c, ox00000000
>
>can someone help me with this please?
>
>Pam

Your error code is named KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. Parameter
1 indicates that the specific exception code involved was
STATUS_SINGLE_STEP and Parameter 2 says that the error originated at
memory address 0x8056A13C.

This type of error is most often caused by a defective device driver
or by incompatible hardware. Have you made any recent changes to the
computer that involved either updating drivers for existing hardware
and/or installing new hardware?

There is a method by which the driver or component using the error
address can be identified but it is a bit cumbersome. If the answer
to the above question does not provide a clue then we will proceed
with identifying the item from the memory address.

From: Pam on
thank you so much Ron! no I couldn't find that email/reply - thank you - no
I have not installed any new hardware whatsoever - however I did go to
Microsoft's page and installed the recommended updates....

> "Pam" <pam_staley-remove-this(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I did? I've looked - I can't find the answer - was it in this thread? I've
>>looked ... pls tell me where or copy/paste your answer to this thread if
>>you
>>have time - thanks
>>
> ****
> Here it is.
>

>>I've had 2 blue screen deaths - the first I don't remember what I was
>>doing - and I got this error:
>>
>>STOP ox0000008E, ox80000004, 0x8056A13C, oxF2452c82, ox00000000
>>
>>and the other one was when I had nothing running except ZA and AVG in the
>>background - and I tried to run the Norton online virus scanner
>>
>>then it said
>>
>>STOP ox0000008E, ox80000004, 0x8056A13C, oxf4015c8c, ox00000000
>>
>>can someone help me with this please?
>>
>>Pam
>>

> Your error code is named KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. Parameter
> 1 indicates that the specific exception code involved was
> STATUS_SINGLE_STEP and Parameter 2 says that the error originated at
> memory address 0x8056A13C.
>
> This type of error is most often caused by a defective device driver
> or by incompatible hardware. Have you made any recent changes to the
> computer that involved either updating drivers for existing hardware
> and/or installing new hardware?
>
> There is a method by which the driver or component using the error
> address can be identified but it is a bit cumbersome. If the answer
> to the above question does not provide a clue then we will proceed
> with identifying the item from the memory address.
>
> Good luck
>
> Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
> --
> Microsoft MVP (1997 - 2006)
> On-Line Help Computer Service
> http://onlinehelp.bc.ca
> Syberfix Remote Computer Repair
>
> "Anyone who thinks that they are too small to make a difference
> has never been in bed with a mosquito."

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: iexplore.exe
Next: unknown software exception 0x06d7363