From: steve marchant on
Default setting of time available is 60 seconds. When I try to increase this
by adjusting the "decrease speed" setting, i get "not enough memory
available...". There's certainly no shortage of memory that i know of, so
what's happening here, and how may this be remedied?

From: Sinner on

"steve marchant" <steve.c.marchant(a)tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> Default setting of time available is 60 seconds. When I try to increase
> this by adjusting the "decrease speed" setting, i get "not enough memory
> available...". There's certainly no shortage of memory that i know of, so
> what's happening here, and how may this be remedied?

This might help:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/284893/en-us?FR=1&PA=1&SD=HSCH

From: steve marchant on

"Sinner" <sinner(a)gatesofhell.org> wrote in message

> This might help:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/284893/en-us?FR=1&PA=1&SD=HSCH

It did, thanks. Big of MS to confess it's their software to blame. Pity they
don't seem to offer a fix.

From: Sjouke Burry on
steve marchant wrote:
> "Sinner" <sinner(a)gatesofhell.org> wrote in message
>> This might help:
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/284893/en-us?FR=1&PA=1&SD=HSCH
>>

> It did, thanks. Big of MS to confess it's their software to blame. Pity they
> don't seem to offer a fix.

Audacity (google) is a nice free recorder, even for live audio
streams.
From: chrisj.doran on
On 26 Sep, 01:12, Sjouke Burry <burrynulnulf...(a)ppllaanneett.nnlll>
wrote:
> steve marchant wrote:
> > "Sinner" <sin...(a)gatesofhell.org> wrote in message
> >> This might help:
>
> >>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/284893/en-us?FR=1&PA=1&SD=HSCH
>
> > It did, thanks. Big of MS to confess it's their software to blame. Pity they
> > don't seem to offer a fix.
>
> Audacity (google) is a nice free recorder, even for live audio
> streams.

The easy way to get around the Sound Recorder time limit is to make a
copy of an existing bigger WAV file and record over it. But I agree
that that for anything serious you need to use something else like
Audacity. WAV files quickly get huge; Audacity can save in vastly
smaller MP3s and others.

Beware when making any important live recording that other things on
XP which present huge CPU loads can cause recording losses. My pet
unfavourites are the bugs in Firefox and McAfee that make them go to
99% for minutes at a time.

Chris
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: password length generating error message
Next: XP toys