From: rickman on
Ray Andraka wrote:
> Symon wrote:
>

> > Dear Nana Nmichou,
> > You could display the data on a monitor driven by the XSGA port of one
> > board, and use a USB webcam to read the data back into the other board.
> > HTH, Syms.
> >

> Gee Symon, why not drive a paper tape punch with one board and then run
> the tape through a paper tape reader to get it into the other one.

I don't think this board has a paper tape reader/punch interface. I
guess you could implement your own by emulating a PC parallel port, but
that would require work while the video/USB interfaces are available as
IP.

;^)

From: Symon on
"rickman" <gnuarm(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Ray Andraka wrote:
>> Symon wrote:
>>

>> > Dear Nana Nmichou,
>> > You could display the data on a monitor driven by the XSGA port of one
>> > board, and use a USB webcam to read the data back into the other board.
>> > HTH, Syms.
>> >

>> Gee Symon, why not drive a paper tape punch with one board and then run
>> the tape through a paper tape reader to get it into the other one.
>
> I don't think this board has a paper tape reader/punch interface. I
> guess you could implement your own by emulating a PC parallel port, but
> that would require work while the video/USB interfaces are available as
> IP.
>
> ;^)

Exactly. Thanks Rick! At first, I was going to suggest writing the data to a
DDR SDRAM DIMM and then swapping the DIMM _really_ quickly to the other
board. But that's obviously daft.
;-)

From: Ray Andraka on
Symon wrote:

> "rickman" <gnuarm(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Ray Andraka wrote:

>>>Gee Symon, why not drive a paper tape punch with one board and then run
>>>the tape through a paper tape reader to get it into the other one.
>>
>>I don't think this board has a paper tape reader/punch interface. I
>>guess you could implement your own by emulating a PC parallel port, but
>>that would require work while the video/USB interfaces are available as
>>IP.
>>
>>;^)
>>

> Exactly. Thanks Rick! At first, I was going to suggest writing the data to a
> DDR SDRAM DIMM and then swapping the DIMM _really_ quickly to the other
> board. But that's obviously daft.
> ;-)

I didn't realize the board had the usb and XVGA interfaces on it. since
it has USB, you could write to a USB flash.... :^)
From: rickman on
Symon wrote:
> "rickman" <gnuarm(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Ray Andraka wrote:

> >> Gee Symon, why not drive a paper tape punch with one board and then run
> >> the tape through a paper tape reader to get it into the other one.
> >
> > I don't think this board has a paper tape reader/punch interface. I
> > guess you could implement your own by emulating a PC parallel port, but
> > that would require work while the video/USB interfaces are available as
> > IP.
> >
> > ;^)
> >
> Exactly. Thanks Rick! At first, I was going to suggest writing the data to a
> DDR SDRAM DIMM and then swapping the DIMM _really_ quickly to the other
> board. But that's obviously daft.
> ;-)

I agree, that is *obviously* daft! SDRAM DIMMs are getting expensive.
<g>